JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to change an administrator on the galaxy tab 7+

(Topic created: 08-26-2023 12:58 PM)
Megistic
Halo
Options
Tablets

I got the galaxy tab 9+ and I gave my husband my galaxy tab 7+. I was able to delete or log out my account from the tab 7+, the problem is I can't removed me as an administrator and my husband can't seem to have full control of the tab. How do I remove myself as the administrator? 

7 Replies
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets
Did you attempt to factory reset the tablet yet? This should theoretically remove all accounts from the device. You might have to manually remove the tab from within your Samsung/Google account settings online as well.
Megistic
Halo
Options
Tablets
I did not factory reset. Thank you
VerbumVeritum
Options
Tablets
Kindly update here if that worked. 🙂
0 Likes
Megistic
Halo
Options
Tablets
I did factory reset. Thank you
VerbumVeritum
Options
Tablets
Did that remove the account? If so, kindly mark this topic as resolved (three dots, accept as solution) by my original post so that this information will stay active in the Community to help other Members that also run into this problem.
Megistic
Halo
Options
Tablets
It did.
Rayzer
Sun
Options
Tablets
I asked that same question and nobody responded. Apparently the only way to do it is a reset? I'll never get my girlfriend to use it if she has to enter all of her passwords and applications again. I guess she will get a iPad for Christmas.
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Tablets/How-to-change-system-user-to-secondary-user/td-p/2641067...