JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Make my S7+ a working phone

(Topic created: 08-27-2023 09:30 AM)
Members_ookk1XT
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Do I need permission from my carrier (mint mobile)?

Will it show up as a second line which I must pay for?

@RJ111 (me).

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@Members_ookk1XT You can not make a Tablet act as a telephone. You can pair your Tablet with a mobile and then you can handle calls and text from the tablet. 

View solution in context

5 Replies
Rplatt56
Nebula
Options
Tablets
Please expand on your questions
0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Options
Tablets

@Members_ookk1XT You can not make a Tablet act as a telephone. You can pair your Tablet with a mobile and then you can handle calls and text from the tablet. 

Members_ookk1XT
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Thank you! One more question. Will I lose my pairing if I take the tablet on a road trip and leave the phone at home?

They've never been apart😉.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Tablets

@Members_ookk1XT "Will I lose my pairing if I take the tablet on a road trip and leave the phone at home?"

Well, no but the pairing only works if you are within Bluetooth range of the phone. It may also work if they are both on the same Wifi network (I haven't confirmed that) but out of Bluetooth range.

When you come back within range, the connection will reengage where it left off. 

0 Likes
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

If you have an LTE tablet you  can get a connected device plan with Mint (I assume, I know nothing about them) which will provide mobile data to the tablet.  At that point you can use messaging and voip apps for communications. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes