Original topic:

Can QLED Connect to WiFi 5G?

(Topic created: a month ago)
cyberbiker
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I have a QN43Q60CA QLED TV. Can it connect to WiFi 5G or just 2.4G? The user manual does not specify it.

Q60C QLED TV & Xbox Cloud Gaming
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

If you do not see your 5gHz network in the list of available networks, then it cannot connect.  Most smart devices prefer the 2.4gHz band because of its stability and distance to signal, and therefore do not have network adapter capable of picking up the 5gHz signal.  If it does, then your TV should be in the same room or a room close to your router.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
treyj54
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
the closer your tv is to your router it will connect to the 5 gherz not giga bites and the further away it will connect to the 2.4 g but you can pick which one if you router has both seperate
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

If you do not see your 5gHz network in the list of available networks, then it cannot connect.  Most smart devices prefer the 2.4gHz band because of its stability and distance to signal, and therefore do not have network adapter capable of picking up the 5gHz signal.  If it does, then your TV should be in the same room or a room close to your router.

0 Likes
Ramesh823Fam
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Yes
cyberbiker
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Thanks to all. I use a Netgear router and it has a choice for “smart connect” in which it interprets which band is best. I find that choice flawed because it tends to lean toward 2.4G and connects the QLED TV as such, even though the devices are 9’ apart.

Turning off the setting made the 5G band appear and connect.  Thanks again.

Q60C QLED TV & Xbox Cloud Gaming
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Yes, I always keep the bands separated because I have found that routers are not smart enough to choose properly. This is especially true of routers when smart devices can use either band.  The router usually defaults to the lower band.  In devices that only have one band, the router has no choice but to make the right choice.

0 Likes