JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

SmartThings and Soundbar HW-Q990

(Topic created: 05-05-2023 07:10 PM)
Jabezz
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I’m looking for some help with the connection between the Q990 soundbar and the SmartThings app.

The soundbar seems to have been successfully added to the SmarThings app. When I open the app it definitely sees the soundbar and gives the correct status of all of the settings but as the app loads the soundbar’s current settings on the app screen it says “Loading” with a spinning progress wheel. It does this for a while and then the screen changes back to the main device list screen. So although I can briefly  see the soundbar settings I can’t access or change them from the app.

The only thing I can do from the app is turn the soundbar on and off from the main device screen.

The soundbar is connected to the same Wi-Fi as the app and has already updated the firmware. I have also tried removing and re-adding the soundbar from the app but get the same “Loading” issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Home Theater
Its going to be a pain but do this all to surely get it right and it will work
Start with a reboot to your router and make sure new devices are allowed to connect. Now reset and Delete the bar from smart things then delete the application and re-download and grant all permissions. now Put your bar and phone on the 2.4 GHz wifi signal have your phone set to auto-reconnect for 2.4 only and turn off your mobile data during Set-up now to reset it up. You must give Samsung smart things all permissions set to yes and your mobile device must have a location on with the location granted under permissions. It should work now. Also on my YouTube channel @JBTechfanatic, I have a very detailed setup video that can help. I would link it for you but this site doesn't allow

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Home Theater
Its going to be a pain but do this all to surely get it right and it will work
Start with a reboot to your router and make sure new devices are allowed to connect. Now reset and Delete the bar from smart things then delete the application and re-download and grant all permissions. now Put your bar and phone on the 2.4 GHz wifi signal have your phone set to auto-reconnect for 2.4 only and turn off your mobile data during Set-up now to reset it up. You must give Samsung smart things all permissions set to yes and your mobile device must have a location on with the location granted under permissions. It should work now. Also on my YouTube channel @JBTechfanatic, I have a very detailed setup video that can help. I would link it for you but this site doesn't allow
Jabezz
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Thanks for your reply. That worked and now it's working perfectly.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated!

Also just subbed to your YouTube channel, it looks good.  👍 👍