Original topic:

S24 Ultra Users: The S Pen functionality should be taken to the next level

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
TheGreatestAlive
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Dear Samsung, 

I belive I probably speak for every (note series) and S-Ultra series users out there that it is time for Samsung to take the S-Pen functionality to the next level; especially since Samsung has integrated AI into their UI. I'm talking about the handwriting to text functionality. Simple suggestion here. Can you implement a function option under the handwriting tab in setting to allow the user to train the phone on to better recognize cursive for one. The user must have perfect cursive without the user personality input. Not everyone has the same cursive style. Now I have noticed and as well as others that the phone is far better in recognizing an user personality handwriting style in non-cursive styles. Writing the word (I've) is a prime example. The phone will recognize "I've" in cursive at least as 35 different words. Out of trying 35 times it failed 35 times to recognize the word "I've" in cursive. I wish I can put the video up to show you what I mean; It's screen recorded. And I used perfect cursive down to a tee. Even a 5th grader could plainly see I wrote the word "I've" perfect in cursive. So is there a way this can be done? Or with the new AI it could already start to learn a user handwriting style no matter how often they change their style or combo of both non-cursive and cursive? This would greatly improve work flow and correction making. 
7 Replies
winegirl1968
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
I just tested it, and out of 20 tries, it only failed to recognize "I've" in my cursive handwriting 4 times. Not that big of a deal to me.
TheGreatestAlive
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
This I don't doubt as with many phone manufacturers not every product is on the same quality level. Products in assembly come in batches. And those batches must meet a certain quality control matric threshold set by the company. As with this, it could be a hardware or software or combo of which may over the course of the note, and now the S-ultra series has been a less focus of Samsung. I use my phone for work. I, as the poster, used this as an example; as for me, it is one of the words I've come across that causes this phone problems to correctly recognize my handwriting. This may be different for different people in word processing. As today's specs and software upgrades 4 times out of 20 is still vastly high in technology as the apple pencil dear god I can't say I'm saying this is far far far superior than Samsung S-pen. It is very, very sad to say. But I've tried their Apple pencil on some of their Apple products at their store, and dear god, after 10 mins of randomly writing a short story, it only missed spelling a word once. I used both non-curse and cursive and combo of the both. Samsung should be on par if not better than this as they have been the leader in interactive stylist computerized pen. It seems they are falling behind in this. This includes their S-Pen Pro. It is better in some areas as for the fold. As I mentioned, this is mainly for the note and S-Ultra fans. Someone like myself who uses this for work and then notes, summaries, and articles 4 out of 20 mistakes is time consumption on correction, especially in a time crutch scenario which this phone is promoted on seemless work flow and high productivity.
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
In this day and age with speech recognition I can't understand why anyone would want to either print or write cursive on the screen when they can talk to it which is about 10 times faster, and most times much more accurate!
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Not everyone wants to, or can, talk all the time.
TheGreatestAlive
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Hmmmmmmm think a little outside the box. If your in class, a meeting, or simply a library šŸ¤”. You can't speak to your phone if your writing down notes. That's what the s-pen mainly the phone itself is made for. Must adults use a form of their own Type of cursive style and sometimes a mix of cursive and noncursive lettering. Writing is far faster than using two thumbs. It just doesn't seem you have a note or s-ultra so I think your just trolling this.
0 Likes
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
I believe it does learn the more you use it. You may want to consider training it with a few note pages where you write out the alphabet, quick brown dog, etc repeatedly, this should functionally be the same as what youre asking for.
TheGreatestAlive
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I spoke to a Samsung laboratory Tech here on plano Texas. Yes they actually have these Samsung laboratory Tech site they are very few of them but their really cool if they have one near you. It set up like in a small stadium setting with soft cushions like the Greeks and lots of room and you can watch them in this pressurized room anyway I spoke to one of them about this and found out that it doesn't. But it actually been one of the things that this new AI on phone processing that will allow them to do more with the s-pen soon. So I think šŸ¤” he answered my question or high hopes Samsung gives more attention to the s-pen functionality moving forward.
0 Likes