Enabling Date at GalaxyS24 without Apps or APKs

(Topic created: 06-30-2024 01:09 PM)
Sam_Samuel
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi Samsung Inspiring Agile, @LeoWyatt89 @GaryB82 @realaud @usermzeJaY3BsM 

Greetings,

Request: I'd love to see the Date in the status bar at the top of my Samsung Galaxy S24 mobile phone without installing third party Apps or Apks please.

Tried & Not Happy: At Playstore i searched Good lock Samsung App it resulted me-> Finelock app and it asks me to download Quickstar apk which is harmful. (Attaching apk reference and URL:   )https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/quickstar/quickstar-7-3-06-50-release/samsu...)

1000016821.jpg

Being Samsung S24 Ultra Customer please think from my Shoes: After paying a high price for a quality top notch Samsung S24 Ultra phone, i really don wish to download third party apps or Apks or apps for a User friendly Date feature at status bar in a high standard phone.

Can I submit this request for the next update? I've been hoping this would come out in the next OS update with your great work! Appreciate your good work in advance.

13 Replies
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
You need goodlock from the Galaxy store finelock is for A models
https://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.android.goodlock 1719776929893.jpg1719776929912.jpg1719776929950.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

Sam_Samuel
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Appreciate your quick response @GaryB82 

1. If there is a possibility why cant we add this as a inbuilt setup or a feature at Date settings layout without using/installing Goodluck or any app in next software update please!

2. Also is there a way i can display date and time at status bar on my lockscreen too ? 

Hoping your great work! TIA.

0 Likes
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
Who knows, it might be added in a future update, but no one really knows what will be included. At the moment they are no way to add it to the Lockscreen status bar.

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

Solution
Sam_Samuel
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Understood!

Hoping with @GaryB82 and Team this great recommendation gonna be implemented by in future.

However Thanks for the needful, Much Appreciated, Good day!

Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Finelock is there because for whatever reason, Samsung has made Goodlock region restricted and it isn't available everywhere. Finelock is a 3rd party repository that someone made for devices/regions that can't get Goodlock. But all of the modules within both are made by a team directly from Samsung
ImRyan
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm going to try and find that and see if it's better than good lock.
0 Likes
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
It's not "better" than Goodlock, it just does the same thing for devices/regions that can't download Goodlock
ImRyan
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Oh ok I see. I didn't know that
ImRyan
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
And 2 Ryan's. Cool. Lol. Nice to meet you