Original topic:

Feature request: Buds 3 and 3 pro UWB in the case for the Find app

(Topic created: 08-05-2024 12:34 PM)
johnbright
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds

It would be nice if the buds 3 and 3 pro came with UWB in the case. Once lost my case and couldn't find or track it. Last known location isn't that helpful. Since the galaxy buds case doesn't come with speakers at very minimum add a UWB. It's not gonna lead to less sales of the smart tag. 

10 Replies
MrChrisGrant
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
I can locate my Buds Pro 3 while in the case just fine.
0 Likes
johnbright
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds
If you have both earbuds out and lose the case, there is no way to find it since the earbuds act as the speaker for the case.
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Buds
I have not been able to locate mines if the buds are in the case. it only find it if the case is open or buds are out for me. I want it to be how airpods pro work where I can ring the case and even get precise location as I walk close to it. I'm guessing this is uwb which the buds 3 pro seems to be lacking still.
0 Likes
huder_356
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds
I agree, this should become a standard feature for their earbuds, I'm also surprised the new flip 6 doesn't have UWB.
johnbright
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds
The flip does have ultra wide band but the buds case doesn't have it, so they will not be able to communicate and the buds wouldn't have its location shown if its lost.
0 Likes
huder_356
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds
I have the flip 6 and can't find anything about UWB, unless I'm not looking in the right spot. Hopefully they can clarify and add UWB to the buds case
johnbright
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds
Should be in connections1722886403053_1722886403037_0.jpg
0 Likes
huder_356
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds
I don't see it šŸ«¤1722886466432.jpg
0 Likes
John_Freiman
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds

Agreed, I was very surprised about the lack of UWB on a current flagship Samsung smartphone. 

I am disappointed by the total lack of consistency with regards to next gen standards and how we can not rely on a base set of features for any given Samsung device based on year, generation or flagship status. 

Totally unacceptable.

0 Likes