JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Tab S8 won't turn on after OneUI 6 update

(Topic created: 01-01-2024 07:30 PM)
Markbnj
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I have a galaxy tab S8 that is a little more than a year old. Last evening I turned it on to do some reading and saw the OneUI 6 update notice. I scheduled it for 4:30 the next morning and continued to read. At the end of the night I plugged it into the charger as I always do and left it on my desk. Today it is completely unresponsive. It won't turn on or react to any button presses, including the usual power+volume up/down long presses for restart and hard reset. I also tried all these combos after removing the SD card. No response or signs of life at all. I verified that the charge cord is good by plugging it into other devices, despite the fact that I know the tablet was over 90 percent charge when I finished with it yesterday. Anyone have any thoughts?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Solution
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Try plugging it into a PC and holding the Power-Vol down for up to a minute... And I'd do it a few times before I gave up. 

Do you hear any sounds or vibrations? 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
Markbnj
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Thanks, Bill. I had tried connecting it to a PC, but based on your advice I held the power and vol. down for a long time, probably a minute, and it finally worked. Appreciate the tip.

0 Likes
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

yw, just glad that you're up and running. 

Happy Holidays

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
mky711
Constellation
Options
Tablets

it happen every single time the screen is off, touch totally messed up, i have to hold power button to have shutdown screen loaded up , and sometimes it unstuck  the retouch, the other times i have to hard reset and reboot. Samsung really messed up this time and they need to fix it fast, or even offer a roll back will ya? i use it for daily business, at this rate, i opt of iPad !

Tab S8 Ultra (HK-TGY)

0 Likes