Original topic:

TV Keeps starting last app

(Topic created: 07-28-2024 12:17 PM)
VoidIndigo
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I just bought a QN65Q60DD QLED TV and it's got this problem. Every time it sits for about 30 seconds to a minute, it runs the last used app. It's hugely annoying... How do I stop this? Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

What happens if instead of Home, you press and hold the Back button until the app exits?  Will it still play the last app? 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro

View solution in context

6 Replies
Noobie
Nebula
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
I don't think you can
0 Likes
xboss7777
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Same issue on q70d. Will be following this thread.

0 Likes
VoidIndigo
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Also follow this thread: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/QLED-and-The-Frame-TVs/Q70D-recent-app-autoplay-issue/m-p/296583...

Hopefully some answer will come! This is very annoying!

0 Likes
VoidIndigo
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

After messing around with this for awhile, I've found a sort of workaround. If you hit the home button and let it sit, it will auto play the last app.  If you hit home or you're on the main screen, and you leave it selected on the last app, it will auto play the last app. BUT if you move the selector to anything else, it will NOT auto play the last app. So, if you ever hit home, always make sure you move the selection to something else. This is not really an acceptable "solution" but it makes it a little more usable. I hope this helps others. Hopefully we'll get a software update that fixes this

0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

What happens if instead of Home, you press and hold the Back button until the app exits?  Will it still play the last app? 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
VoidIndigo
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I didn't know you could do that, thanks for that! It seems they fixed it in the latest update 1120. So works works both ways now, home button and long-press back button

0 Likes