(Topic created: 04-13-2024 10:44 PM)
capnfalkon
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Permanent fix for eARC Soundbars:

Goto All Settings \ Sound \ Expert Settings

Switch eARC to Auto

I've been using it like that for days and days - no drops!

=================================================================

Temporary fix for non-eARC Soundbars:

Goto

All Settings

Sound

Expert Settings

DiGital Output Format

Select PCM

Works for me. Couple of hours without a single drop.

Id suggest we each take this with your local Samsung distributor. The more pressure we put on them the better.

==============

Original Story:

I have a per of QN90c 75" TV and a Q990B soundbar.
After the TV was updated I immediately noticed sound drops with my soundbar. The drops would come at random intervals. Resetting the TV does not help. Neither does changing sound modes. Output via TV Speakers seems to be working fine drops-free.
Searching online i found a few more similar cases with different Samsung TV models and Samsung soundbars affected by the same firmware.

Here's one:

issu with sound after last update - Version 1402.5 - S95C : r/S95C (reddit.com)

185 Replies
Reziarfg
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I got the same issues that everyone else has. But can anyone explain to me why im capped to 5.1 from PC-S95C-Q960A? In Windows the max channels is 6, i tried everything. When i connect directly to soundbar i can choose 7.1 and so on, so problem has to lay in the passthrough in the tv in some way. Can this also be a bug in the 1402 fw? Or is 6 channels a normal limit for S95C when using earc?

0 Likes
MattyDaddy76
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I don’t know for certain in your S95C but I know one of the differences from Q85C to Q90C is that the Q90C has the”M 5.1L decoder built in. Whereas the lower models are all M 2.1 decoders. I’m pretty sure same is said for the S95C.  I believe you have the M 5.1 decoder so anything that is “sourced” through the tv will max out at 5.1 channels. I also gave the Q990C so it auto converts up to 7.1.4-11.1.4 if sent through the Q990C.  However, the 1402.5 software update has caused evrything to default to stereo pcm unless I turn off the “auto e arc” function. Hope this helps 

0 Likes
lab7
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I am seeing reports about update 1410 starting to appear OTA here and there. Nothing on Samsung's website yet. So far only 1 guy says that the issue has been fixed. Reports on Avsforum and reddit. Too early to tell. Fingers crossed 🤞

Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Could you please share the link where you found the info?

0 Likes
lab7
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/2023-samsung-4k-s95c-s90c-s89c-owners-thread-no-price-talk.3267261/...

It's closer to the bottom of the page.

I can also confirm I've got the 1410.0 already installed on my S90C. I'm in Australia.

UPDATE:

I've just watched 2 x 45-min episodes on Netflix and not a single dropout.

I think it's fixed 👍🏻

Yungmike
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Not available in UK yet 

0 Likes
Yungmike
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Any ETA on UK release? 

0 Likes
Yepi69
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I have a Q70C 55" TV and I'm having sound delay with this update.

If I cast to my TV whilst the source is PS5 (Game Mode), after switching back the sound will be delayed on every input, this didn't happen prior to this update and the solution afterwards is to reset both the console and the TV. I really hope Samsung pushes an update to fix these issues.

0 Likes
Yungmike
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Still no update on the fix for this issue 😔 

ludOh29200
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Still no update on the fix for this issue same in France !

LudOh
0 Likes