Original topic:

Volume buttons lag / slow response

(Topic created: 5 hours ago)
adrianyepremyan
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi.

Not sure exactly when it started, but now it's become a quite usual and annoying thing to see my device responding slowly / with some lag to volume control button clicks. What happens is I click on up / down button, there's a lag of almost a whole 1 second, then the volume actually changes and I see the volume UI control appear on the display. If I am fast enough - after clicking the volume will change as if it was a single click, but if I click the button more relaxed - the volume can sometimes skyrocket or go down to 0 depending on the button, which means that the click event is registered, but maybe something freezes in the background, and when the system is supposed to react to the button click - it thinks I was pressing for a longer period of time because of the 1 second freeze, while I clicked it just as usual. At least this is my theory šŸ¤·šŸ»

I'm really looking for some support on this, it's annoying as **bleep**, as well as disturbing, sometimes the volume up click can make the phone sound too loud in places it's not supposed to, e.g. near a sleeping child.

Some observations that I made:

1. After seeing the lag, when I lock and then unlock the screen - for some time the lag is gone.

2. I have the clock widget on my home screen with a second hand, and when I trigger the lag by clicking the buttons I can clearly see that the second hand is also lagging, and sometimes I can get it to jump 2 seconds instead of normal 1 if I time the button click right before the hand turns.

I hope I was able to explain the issue, please let me know if you have any clue on why this happens, or just drop a comment about having the same issue so the post can reach someone with an answer.

0 Replies