Original topic:

Unknown device policy app on my phone.

(Topic created: 4 hours ago)
Jay900
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I have an S24 Ultra. Only few months old. I found Google Device Policy app tried to uninstall, and it won't allow me. I went to the playstore, and message says the app wasn't downloaded from the playstore. This app doesn't come preinstalled on any phones that I'm aware of. Please help. Thanks. 

0 Likes
11 Replies
kimberleigh
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
That appears to be a COU phone. Where did you get it ?
0 Likes
SenseiKayJayy
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Ohh my.
Jay900
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Verizon. It's my personal phone.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
Did they sell you a used one? Was the app downloaded after you already had it, or did it come with the phone? Did anyone have possession of your phone to be able to install something? I would suggest a factory reset to see if it goes away. Although if there is an administrator on the device, it might not allow a reset. You should see if you can return it to Verizon or see if they can help you remove it.
Jay900
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
It was shipped from online Verizon website. And there actually is a work account on it that keeps appearing. I remove it. And then it just appears ltr. I'll request an exchange then thanks
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
They may have sent you a refurb or (I don't know if there is such a thing)an enterprise version. If there's already a work account on ther, chances are it was a refurb.
SenseiKayJayy
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Thats weird. It may be a corrupted file. Try going to files and uninstall it from there. If that dont work,update it then try to uninstall
Jay900
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I tried. It won't even let me uninstall it through the playstore. On the web playstore the app doesn't show that it's downloaded
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
It looks like s device administrator app. Is your device managed by a parent or organization? If it is, the device administrator will have to uninstall it.