JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Tone for different apps

(Topic created: 05-13-2024 06:24 AM)
Pliv911
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I know on "stock" android I could have a different notification tone for each app. For example, if I got s text, my phone would *dingding*. If I got an email it would *dingdong*. If it was a generic notification it would *ding*. Why can't I do this on my Samsung? I just want to know, without having to pick up my phone, based on what tone, if I need to check my phone immediately. 
4 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

make sure you have this toggled on and then you will be able to go and change the tones for your notifications 

Phone settings 

Notifications 

Manage Notification categories for each app has to be toggled on now to change the tones 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

Pliv911
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Omg you are amazing!! This has been bothering me for so long!
0 Likes
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
Your welcome happy to help if you could please click the 3 dots in the comment and mark the post as solved. And Thanks for being a Loyal Samsung Member

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

Poetic_Madness1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Mine did the same thing and after the last update it just went to the straight up playing ding for everything after I had everyone and everything customized so the only thing that I did that worked was go back and set everyone's text tone ringtone and all my apps again and I don't remember what I had them on previously but it was a big pain as for now there's not a solution to get any of those things back besides redoing the entire phone notifications
0 Likes