Original topic:

S24 Ultra - Problems with Phone Link

(Topic created: 06-24-2024 01:58 PM)
titleist380
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Interested in seeing if anyone has had a similar problem.  Since I've gotten my Galaxy S24 Ultra (Unlocked), I've had weird "freezing issues".  I say weird because the phone wasn't frozen as I could access notifications, but it was unresponsive to any touch.  The only way to get it working again was to force restart (volume down, hold power).  It took me a while to debug and isolate the program causing this but alas, it turns out to be the one and only Phone Link.

If I get into this mode where things are, let's call it partially frozen, I can exit from Phone Link on my laptop and wait about 30 seconds and my phone becomes responsive again.

It's really challenging as this partially frozen state can occur multiple times an hour or sometimes not at all.  Additionally, I've cleared cache, reset the Phone Link app and thus reset the phone/laptop link, all to no avail.  Anyone else seeing this?  Seems like some kind of software issue.

Members_7Kz7Bzl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have the same issue with Phone Link several times now.  My phone got an alert that there was someone on my Ring camera, which then used Phone Link to notify my PC.  I tried to select "do not connect", but by then, everything was locked.  I logged into Phone Link on my PC and removed my phone, then used the hard restart (volume down, power) to get my phone running again.  On my phone I then started "Link to Windows" and turned it OFF.  Hopefully this will fix the problem, or at least prevent it from trying to communicate.

0 Likes
user3LR5J167jD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Mine keeps doing this too. I have to reboot the phone and it still does it half the time.
user0BAwVrvpH8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same problem here with my S24 ultra.  Using Bixby voice and asking to restart / reboot resolves the issue until the next time.

0 Likes
Members_ncgofFb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same issue with Phone Link.

Finger touching will not work, but the pen works okay.

I can use the Pin to work the phone and restart it to restart the phone.

I hope they fix this soon..... I use phone link all day!

NPhillips67
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

My S23 Ultra has the exact same issue.

It has something to do with unlocking the phone so it can be displayed on the computer. I get that message, try to unlock the phone, and it's frozen.

Very frustrating, to the point I'm thinking of disabling Phone Link.

userUICViYggW4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Just curious. Are you guys with this issue using somekind of smart cover with your phone?

In my case S22+ with Smart Clear View Cover and phone in wireless charger display comes unresponsive, when trying to unlock screen, but without cover there is no such issue.

Malakias
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Good point! I have had this freezing issue with my S24 and after reading your comment I tried removing phone from cover, and it immediately started working!
When I put it back to smart cover, screen still works, but it does not turn off when closing the lid of the cover. The latter problem has appeared every once and a while and it gets corrected only by restarting.
Anyway, Samsung's "smart" cover is clearly causing all kinds of screen problems.

0 Likes
titleist380
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
And come to think of it, same for me. I thought an update resolved it but I ditched the smart cover around the same time.
0 Likes
userBBY3Xfck2h
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Use S-pen to get through the unresponsive screen. However you will need to restart the phone for it to work normally again.

0 Likes
usercEoUTA2xdx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I have the same problem with my s23 ultra. It only happens when link to windows is on. It comes back when I shut down the service on my pc.
0 Likes