Original topic:

RCS samsung messaging (Verizon)

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Peedi80
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Has anyone figure out how to get RCS to work Samsung messaging app with Verizon ? I've contacted verizon several times they tell me contact Samsung and vice versa. I've looked on reddit and YouTube seems like it's been a issue since the galaxy S9 

12 Replies
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
I could be wrong but Verizon might not support rcs
0 Likes
Peedi80
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I don't know when I've called twice and once through chat they say it's enabled it should work but it doesn't . Searched Google and there's nothing on about it really only reddit but no one seems to know .
0 Likes
yamialex
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm on the Verizon network and it does support it
0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
Only from Verizon to Verizon
0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
Verizon does NOT support RCS in Samsung Messages, Google Messages only. You also have to keep in mind iPhones will only be able to communicate with RCS functionality with Google Messages.
yamialex
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
I don't think they ever had that option for Samsung messages through Verizon if you want RCS you're going to have to use Google messages
Peedi80
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
ehh i guess I'll do without lol thanks tho
0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
Stand corrected Verizon does support rcs but only on some list of devices and it counts as data usage
0 Likes
PCTM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I had issues enabling RCS with Samsung messaging switch to the Google messaging app no problem. Also if you're looking for a RCs Google messaging is the number one recommended app. Also, Google messaging is now the default app that comes on Samsungs and Rumor Has It the Samsung messaging app is being phased out