Original topic:

Facebook Messenger Custom Sound Notification for Each Chat

(Topic created: 3 hours ago)
Eleventh_Blessing
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I like having a different notification sound play when I receive a chat message from certain people I stay in regular contact with on Facebook Messenger, that way if Iā€™m not by my phone & I hear a certain sound when they message me, I will know which person is messaging me. I am able to do this successfully with my text messages, and I was able to do this successfully in Messenger on my Galaxy S9 (yes, I actually still used the S9 until 2 days ago); however, I have had no success with this on my new Galaxy S24.

I texted w/ a Samsung rep & was told this is an issue I need to take up with Facebook, but I can not find Facebookā€™s contact info. I am hoping someone in the Samsung community can help. I have done a deep dive search on this, to no avail.

What I did:

1. On my S24, went to Settings > Notifications > Advanced Settings > Toggle on ā€œManage notification categories for each appā€
  2. Opened Facebook Messenger > tapped on a chat thread > tapped on the circled ā€œiā€ in the top right hand corner > scrolled down & tapped on ā€œNotification & soundsā€ > tapped on ā€œCustomize notificationsā€ > tapped on ā€œSoundā€ > picked out a sound

However, even with these settings, it is just playing the default Messenger app sound any time these people message me, even though I have selected a custom sound for them. I tried uninstalling the Messenger app, restarting, then re-installing the app with the custom settings. Unfortunately, that did not work. ā˜¹

0 Likes
1 Reply
boodateen
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Thats sound awsome to do that instead of hearing the same sound
0 Likes