Original topic:

Is there a way to NOT include specific things that come with a samsung theme?

(Topic created: 07-31-2024 10:26 AM)
serenarose
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I really Want to download/purchase themes from the samsung store, but every time i try looking for one, every single one i like includes changing my ringtones/notification sounds. That's really annoying cuz before I knew that was the reason why my ringtones and notifications sounds were changing in the first place, I kept downloading free themes an having to redo all the sounds ive set for texts with certain people, calls from certain people, etc. And I had to so it over and over again cuz I wasn't figuring out why it was doing that!! But now That I know it's because of the themes. I was changing. I want to know if there's a way I can like, idk maybe, pick and choose, to not have my notifications and ringtones change (and even my alarms sometimes!!) every time I want to use and change my theme from the samsung store. Or if there's just no possible way around that and if i want that theme - then every single ringtone ive set for specific contacts, and every single text message tone ive set for specific contacts, and even certain ringtones ive set and have been using - all have to change to the ones that come with the theme no matter what. Cuz that would really suck! I feel like at this point, With all of the crazy customizable things that Samsung can do in general, this should be an easy issue to fix and shouldnt rven be a problem or a thing in general lol. That's why I'm curious and am asking on here. I'm really hoping for a solution 🙏 
13 Replies
RobertsYalon
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
What messaging app are you using?
0 Likes
serenarose
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Welllll, When I first got the phone I guess i was using google messages but I honestly had no idea which messaging app I was using at the time because I didn't even no there were 2 different **bleep**g messaging apps 😆 i was still kind of a noob at the time haha, still am honestly!! 🙈 but when I would apply a theme, I noticed the messaging app was the only thing the theme would NOT apply to. So I did some research. And it said themes don't apply to g-messages and they only work on samsung messages 🤦🏼‍:female_sign: for some odd reason 🙄 so I switched to Samsung messages and ever since then, it's been applying to the messaging app just fine, along with the rest of my phone as well
0 Likes
RobertsYalon
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes. That's the main reason why I prefer Samsung Messages over Google Messages. Designers create such beautiful themes. And if you ever bought a theme from Cogul Planet Inc., Pixome Design, and Echo Visuals Inc., the way the designers design the theme to the last detail is incredible. I have a theme for every season and holiday. You should scroll through their large category of themes, try them, and see if you like them. Themes make messaging fun, and they really create a nice Galaxy Experience. It's sad that Samsung is phasing out Samsung Messages
0 Likes
serenarose
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I know they're are Some AMAZING themes on there!! And that brings me back to mg main question cuz I wanna use one of those amazing themes but it'll change all the sounds/notifications/ringtones/text tones/alarms/ etc etc, that took me FOREVER to set for each persons ringtone/text tone or alarm etc...do u know what I mean? 😅🤔 That's why I was asking if there was a way to NOT apply those when I want to set one as my theme. Cuz it's already happened to me waaaay too many times and I had to re-set everyone's ringtones and all my sounds and I figure out what was going on and why it was doing that. It was so annoying lol
0 Likes
RobertsYalon
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I personally haven't experienced that. When I apply a theme, it doesn't change the notification sound I set for Samsung Messages or the custom notification sound I set for individual conversations. It does change my ringtone and the overall notification sound for all apps except for Samsung Messages or the clock app, but that doesn't matter to me because I love the sound package that comes with it. Some themes don't come with notification sounds, but you have to look for them. Look for themes that don't have a sound section above the Before You Buy section. Usually, the free themes don't come with notification sounds. Under the Top category, change All to Free. Let me know if this helps1723693133380.jpgScreenshot_2024-08-14_22-36-54_1000012435_1723693014.png1723693293517_1723693293505_0.jpg
0 Likes
the_Dude69
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
You can either use 'Theme Park', a good lock module, to make your own theme

Or you can rechange your ringtones after setting the theme
0 Likes
serenarose
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I have tried making my own theme with Goodlock, but the ones I make don't even come close to the downloadable ones 😭
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

I believe you can just apply certain parts of a theme, like the wallpapers and icons, but you may have to select them individually after you download the theme.  I don't actually use themes, I just occasionally change my wallpapers and icon packs. 

serenarose
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
What HOW!? I have never seen that option after downloading a theme.... 🤔
0 Likes