Original topic:

Is there a way to NOT include specific things that come with a samsung theme?

(Topic created: 07-31-2024 10:22 AM)
serenarose
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I really Want to download/purchase themes from the samsung store, but every time i try looking for one, every single one i like includes changing my ringtones/notification sounds. That's really annoying cuz before I knew that was the reason why my ringtones and notifications sounds were changing in the first place, I kept downloading free themes an having to redo all the sounds ive set for texts with certain people, calls from certain people, etc. And I had to so it over and over again cuz I wasn't figuring out why it was doing that!! But now That I know it's because of the themes. I was changing. I want to know if there's a way I can like, idk maybe, pick and choose, to not have my notifications and ringtones change (and even my alarms sometimes!!) every time I want to use and change my theme from the samsung store. Or if there's just no possible way around that and if i want that theme - then every single ringtone ive set for specific contacts, and every single text message tone ive set for specific contacts, and even certain ringtones ive set and have been using - all have to change to the ones that come with the theme no matter what. Cuz that would really suck! I feel like at this point, With all of the crazy customizable things that Samsung can do in general, this should be an easy issue to fix and shouldnt rven be a problem or a thing in general lol. That's why I'm curious and am asking on here. I'm really hoping for a solution 🙏 
13 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

I don't believe it's really an option per se, it's more like you would apply the theme, and then remove or change the elements you don't want.  Like if the theme applies to the keyboard, and you don't like it, you can select the keyboard settings and change the theme of it to the system default or other option.  Same with the wallpaper.  You can replace the wallpaper on either the lock screen or the home screen with another wallpaper.  You can even change the icon packs if you like the theme but hate the icons.

Although, if you are not going to install the full theme, you may as well, just go for the wallpapers, icon packs and AODs you like.  Unless what you are really looking for are the skins for the messages and dialer.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

As I understand it, the themes only change certain sounds, so you would be able to use the theme and put back the two or three tones they replace. Any custom ring tones for contacts and specific app notifications would remain.

0 Likes
serenarose
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Hmmm, so basically what you're saying is that the only thing it'll change, is the main preset ringtone? So every song I set as my alarm, and any song/silly sound/ringtone that I made for specific friends/family for when they texts/call me (stuff like that), won't be changed when I apply any of the themes, correct???? Is that what you are saying? Can you vouch that this is 100% certain? or is this just what you think or assume or what you heard or whatever... 🤔💭🤷🏼‍:female_sign: have you tried it yourself?
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
I looked at some of the themes that change tones, and each one had a list and sample of the tones they change. I assume those tones in the list are the only ones that change, and I cannot believe that it would change people's custom rings for contacts and notifications. Im sure it only changes the default tone. I don't use themes, but that's my understanding. You can always try a free theme. None of them change sounds. There are also premium themes that do not change sounds
0 Likes