JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

DO WE HAVE TO PAY FOR AI IN 2025???

(Topic created: 01-21-2024 06:10 PM)
Iriemango
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Just read this article in Android Authority not certain how true this is?

I myself didn't notice this however am now going to to see if I can find this information as the article is describing.

Scf
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm actually not clear on what is meant by "cloud-based," what exactly does that mean?
0 Likes
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Some of the AI features are handled on device, with no need for an Internet connection. Some of them, especially some of photo editing features, require an Internet connection and the edits are processed on the servers and then downloaded to the device. In other words, most of the work for those particular features is being done by servers that are in the cloud, not on your device. I suspect these would be the features that might become paid features, as they require Samsung or Google or whomever to do the heavy lifting with their servers.
Scf
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Ohhhhhhhhh, ok, thanks for explaining 👍🏾👍🏾
0 Likes
3Fees
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Oh, read the fine print.

Cheers
3fees
0 Likes
c13urge
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Looks like that fine print in the original post is now gone on Samsung's product page..?
I too have pre-ordered and am worried that I am buying something that I will get charged for after a year...
Was there any clarification?
3Fees
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
It will be like Google Pixel 8 with magic editor, packaged as a Ai subscription service for Google One users, no worries, free then pay if you want it, some are calling this complimentary marketing tactic a good move.

free Ai is already been added- Google assistant anyone, paid subscription Ai is next !

For Samsung Ai , No doubt paid through Samsung Wallet app.

Cheers
3fees
Budman88
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
I heard Samsung is going to start charging a monthly fee for the AI on their cell phones. It said at the end of 2025 right on their website (fine print), however even so these ultra phones are $1200 plus. And for them to even think it's a good idea to drain the customer pockets even more to use the features of the phone is unbelievable. I will be definitely switching phone manufacturers if that's the case. 

Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Bye!
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Every AI brand is charging or publicly plans to charge in the near future.
Budman88
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
People gotta push back especially with the price of phones now
0 Likes