JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Android system keeps stopping

(Topic created: 06-12-2024 01:19 PM)
ashleyladan
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I have the S24 Ultra & I Keep getting the same pop up six or more times a day. "Android system keeps stopping" is anyone else having this issue? Or possibly know how to fix it? 
userQtoiH25UKZ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Mine started doing this today. Never seen it prior. 3x in 30min.

However, we did have a system update recently. Related?

astrogazer63
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

SOLVED. I hope this helps others.

Go to Settings/About phone/Software information/Google Play system update - and make sure it is current. FINALLY.

Blum
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

King, that worked

There is another update to do if you go to the same menu after a restart

opiejr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you, did the trick!
0 Likes
userq05pTzxAJz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Wow it's saying the last update was July 2023! Hoping this does the trick for me too. Thank you! But also wondering why isn't this updating automatically? šŸ¤”
userq05pTzxAJz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Same here. How do I find what 3rd party apps I have? I'm also having trouble with not receiving notifications for several apps, even thought notifications are on and allowed. Very strange what's going on with android recently. Very frustrating
userckKy0yBNPJ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Same issue.  S24+

0 Likes
renejoseferrer
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

No one from Samsung addressing this issue?

LeoWyatt89
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24

@renejoseferrer

This is a peer-to-peer support forum, if you want guaranteed Samsung input may wanna call 1-800-SAMSUNG (726-7864)

Have you tried wiping the catch partition?

• Turn off your phone
  • Take care that the USB connector is used, for example by connecting it to a PC
  • Hold the Power and Volume up button
  • When Samsung appears, release only the Power button
  • When the blue screen appears, also release the Volume Up button
  • On the following screen there will be many items: moved with the volume key up or down to select "wipe cache partition"
  • Confirm this choice with the Power button
  • Move to "Yes" and confirm again
  • Finally place on "reboot system now" and confirm.

So wait for the phone to restart completely, it may take a few minutes then should be good to go. Let me know if that helps

Deeb555
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
This issue just started for me two days ago, 6/11/2024. I have a S22 galaxy. I have not downloaded any apps to my phone in the last year. I cleared the cashe. I still get the "Android stopped working" message, every other hour.