JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Using Samsung Smart Switch to update A14 5G

(Topic created: 01-29-2024 01:31 PM)
Maestro of Texas
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Has anyone received a software update to their phone using Smart Switch on a Windows computer with the A14 5G connected? Everytime that I have tried it the software says that I have the latest version. Does the A14 support this function?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
14 Replies
Cb4
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I got the Samsung a14 last year and have not received any updates since then. Half my family has the same phone with the same carrier and while they received the updates a few weeks apart, they all have android 14 now, along with other minor Android updates. However, my phone is still running on Android 13, when I check for updates it says it's up to date but the update level is 2022! Additionally, in the security setting it says I need a security update, but when I try to update it it says there's no updates.

Just to make it clear, I know that my phone and my carrier already released all these updates a few months ago, so that's not the issue

0 Likes
Cb4
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Update: just tried using smart switch on my computer to update it and still said no updates

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Is your phone locked or unlocked?  You could try a factory reset and see if the update comes down with the fresh setup.  Make sure you have a current backup, so you can restore your apps and settings. 

0 Likes
Cb4
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I just tried this and it didn't work

My phone is unlocked

Any other ideas?

Thank you!

ncct
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I use my phone as a medical device and do not wish to risk my life to another Samsung software update (previous updates have **bleep** things up EVERY SINGLE TIME). How do I block updates?
0 Likes