JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

A14 5G issues with staying connected to 5G network

(Topic created: 04-20-2024 02:50 PM)
joeschmo19
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

My a14 5g is having trouble with using 5g cellular, mainly when on the move. It'll start out fine full bars of 5g, then drop down to E, then emergency calls only. I managed to fix it by switching to only Lte and below, but signal disappears whenever I switch it back. Does anyone know why, or how to fix it so I can use 5g?

How ironic. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Mint does not have cell towers of their own. They piggyback off T-Mobile, maybe they didn't pay their lease. In any case, they still are the ones that configure the software to run on "their" network. So it might be a good place to start.

I'm not saying it can't be the phone, but I'd start with the carrier.  FWIW,  I have no problem with T-Mobile's 5G service.  I have an A54.

View solution in context

7 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

5G is a very short range signal, so if you are not in a heavily saturated area, the quality of the connection goes down., which is why you have the most problems on the move. Who is your carrier?  Perhaps have them help you troubleshoot.  May have more to do with them than the phone.

0 Likes
joeschmo19
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
The thing is, this this happened in LA, one of the most populated areas in the US. If it helps, my carrier is mint.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Did you get the phone from Mint? If you did, and it's locked to them, they would be the one to help you troubleshoot, as the problem may lie eith their software.
0 Likes
joeschmo19
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
No, it's unlocked.
0 Likes
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Mint does not have cell towers of their own. They piggyback off T-Mobile, maybe they didn't pay their lease. In any case, they still are the ones that configure the software to run on "their" network. So it might be a good place to start.

I'm not saying it can't be the phone, but I'd start with the carrier.  FWIW,  I have no problem with T-Mobile's 5G service.  I have an A54.

joeschmo19
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Thanks!
0 Likes
PinkTacoFan
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I have the exact same issue. My A14 phone only goes on 4G network where I have gotten 5G signal for well over 2 years. I'm stumped because I use Metro PCS which runs on and is owned by T-Mobile.