JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Tab S7+ notifications repeating

(Topic created: 08-08-2023 03:49 PM)
jamesw71
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I've had this Tab S7+ for about a year and a half, I had an S6 before but it was stolen, I have also had the  Tab A's so I'm pretty familiar with the Samsung products and how the software and settings work.

The first problem is recently with the time zones, I have it setup to automatically detect the time zone but it isn't changing from CDT (Central Daylight Time Chicago) to EET (Eastern European Time Athens, GR).  I have attempted to manually change the time zone but every time I turn the tablet off or it resets on its own it keeps changing back to Chicago when I am in Athens.

Second is the annoying notification system.  The only notifications I want are from my bank apps and my Facebook messenger app.  The problem is, I only want one notification and for some reason on the S7+  and it only (my laptop app and phone app don't do it) it keeps repeating.  Not only that but if I read the message on my laptop or phone, my tablet doesn't recognize it and keeps doing that same annoying Samsung notification....over and over and over again.

I don't want to turn off notifications, right now the only way I can silence my tablet is to turn on "Do Not Disturb" mode and I don't want that as I want my banking and messenger notifications that someone is trying to get hold of me.

That being said, none of my other devices keep repeating the tone, it is only on the app on the S7+, it didn't do this on the S6 and Tab A older models that I have had.  I thought I had at least changed the tone but for some reason I guess there was an update and it reverted back to the factory default Samsung notification.

I'm getting sick and tired of hearing it all night when I am trying to sleep and someone in the USA messaged me (8 to 10 hours difference there).  I don't mind if it does it once...but for the same message to keep repeating over and over and over again...even if I have already read it on my phone or laptop, it is stupid the way this tablet just keeps spamming the notification for hours on end.

I can't find any information on this other than to turn the notifications off...which is not a fix.

2 Replies
Solution
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Try Settings->Notifications->Advanced Settings->Notification Reminders

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes
jamesw71
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Thankyou, I hope that might be the issue.  Will mark as resolved if it works

0 Likes