Original topic:

Samsung Tab S10 ultra washed colors on screen

(Topic created: Wednesday)
Etoxqui
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I have side to side my Tab S8 Ultra vs Tab S10 Ultra and after transfer all my apps/info into the new one, I notice a dramatic washed colors on Tab S10 ultra screen. So, initially I felt disappointed but this was the same issue happened with S24 Ultra starting this years. So, in order to solve this, please go to Display,  deactivate adaptive brightness that makes more yellowish the screen, and after that, below, go to "Screen mode", select it. Next screen, appears a colored image , select vivid and click on bottom button named "advance settings". In the new screen, scroll all way to your right for the "Vividness" option. And it's done. Now, after all of this, please let me know if you believe that this solved completely your issue of washed color. For me, I'm considering that I'm getting a little bit more vivid color on my Tab S8 Ultra than in my brand new Tab S10 ultra. I'd like to know your comments on this.

10 Replies
KnightRiderRalph
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

It's most likely due to the anti-reflective screen that's used, just like the S24 Ultra. Probably the same reasons as the S24 Ultra.

0 Likes
Options
Tablets
Yes same screen but bigger.
0 Likes
PrivacyandSecurity
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
Wow, eye opener. why I don't chase the market. I buy and keep my hardware for years. I'm still using my S7, which I love like an old friend, and it doesn't have the problems the newer software is having. Missing features, color issues, and usage issues. Still getting security updates and OS refreshes. I don't pay attention to Android versions unless it gets predatory. Like 14 and beyond. Then, I have to employ extra policing and privacy measures. Newer isn't always better. And, you will never have the latest except for 3 to 6 months, then they are on to something else. I'm not blowing thru my own money chasing anything.
jrw1973
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
My s7 plus has issues with apps closing or freezing. Figured it was an outdated chip. Is yours working well still?
0 Likes
PrivacyandSecurity
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
Perfect, and I love it. Do a clean install. First backup to Samsung Cloud or another device using smartswitch. I do usb-c to usb-c much quicker. This tablet is my fav toy. I'm it every day. It gets updates regularly.
PrivacyandSecurity
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
I have the small one and S8+. S7 I start my day with. The perfect size. ā¤ If something happened to this one, I would be disappointed.
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Nothing a Factory Reset won't fix and bring it back to like new performance.  Just don't restore the app backup and install only what you need manually. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
Options
Tablets
I noticed the same thing and even with this setting the colors are less vivid on the S10 tab ultra. I might ship it back!
0 Likes
Etoxqui
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Did you applied same steps I already detailed? I'm happy with new one coming from an older 3  yrs Tab S8 Ultra. Latter works fine but I an expert user for Samsung devices that I'm taking full benefit from AI and top productivity workflow, from best trade-in value. I just paid $399 to update from my older one and I'm happy so far.

0 Likes