Original topic:

Samsung My Files Update

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
LSVA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
What has happened to My Files? This last update removed the ability to work between multiple windows. Busted it down to walking paths and folders for every move or copy needed. That one feature made My Files the most productive file management app out there. IT MUST COME BACK! 
16 Replies
Jaxreissner
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
I know it sucks šŸ˜­šŸ˜­
0 Likes
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

Submit a bug report.   Can you be more specific with the issue so I can try to duplicate it? 

Reproduce the issue and then open the Samsung Members app, click on Support (Lower right)->Feedback->Send Error Report,  Remember to check on "Send System Data Log" 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes
LSVA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
I will send it from my S8+ in just a minute. After the update, when you have multiple My Files windows open and choose to move or copy a file in one window it does not give you the option to move here in the other window. Instead, it opens a little pop up window that allows you to navigate to the desired folder location within that little pop up and move there. Every file, every folder, one at a time. Currently, I have not allowed the update on my other devices to prevent this from taking effect on them and wiping out my productivity. Thank you for looking into this, and please don't this change stand.
0 Likes
LSVA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
I just sent he report and attached a screen with two My Files windows in split screen showing the move feature no longer shows 'move here' in the second window. It only allows the use of the little popup window on the one window the action was taken. I can not stress just how unproductive this is. When moving or coping multiple files from multiple locations to orginize into a folder for closing docs or sharing relovent files with others. Building folders to drop relevant files or folders on a zip drive or shared via email, etc.
user5vU5CViEee
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
Basically it's ruined. I use to be able to move files quickly when the folder is starred. Now it has buried all my star folders in like 10 folders and sub folders. I have to move 60-80 files a day for my business. Whoever did this nonsense doesn't use the app or is an absolute moron. I despise this so bad, it has cost me a lot of time daily!!!!!!
DickWheawill
Nebula
Options
Tablets
Find a good third party file manager. The worst of them are better than the stock Samsung app.
0 Likes
zakgub
Constellation
Options
Tablets
I've tried other file managers. This latest update sucks it takes so long to move files now. What's the point of favorites if you can't utilize them? I'm so irritated they did this
0 Likes
PashaK
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Just found this topic already existing here! As I'm already one week struggling, how to roll back this latest update of My Files app. So far no success. I tried to delete it using adb tool, and managed to delete new version of app, but data still remains, not allowing me to install older version apk file.

My first biggest frustration was when after one of past updates My Files trashbox become common with the gallery app. This made impossible to clear only deleted files from My Files app but also clears all my gallery trashbox, which I prefer to be still kept in that trashbox.

2nd disappointment was that last update with copy/cut "pop up" window. It makes all idea of easy navigste and transfer absolutely annoying! Every time you need to navigate from the root folder in a pop-up windows. This pop-up also not inludes my favorite folders as for quick access.

The updates must imply improvemets, not just change something to have a different look. 

0 Likes
LSVA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
On the one device that managed to sneak the update through, I simply removed updates and reset the app to the factory, and it worked. On that device, it is back the way it was. I will not update until this is fixed. I hope they don't force it through in a bigger update. Good luck.