Original topic:

S8 tab apps screen folders

(Topic created: Wednesday)
DaisyDaisy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
I can no longer add apps to folders or move apps around on the apps screen. If I long press on an app it just opens it. No options to add to home screen or uninstall or move it around. If I have a folder on the home screen I can add apps to it. Is there a way to fix this?
12 Replies
angelg4
Nebula
Options
Tablets
Do you have home screen layout locked?
0 Likes
DaisyDaisy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
No, I dont.
0 Likes
PrivacyandSecurity
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
Just drag from the app drawer and pull it down to the bottom. It will put it on your desktop.
0 Likes
DaisyDaisy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
I dont understand what you mean. I can find the apps. I just can't organize them on the apps screen. I can organize them on the home screen. I used to be able to move them around on the apps screen or put them in folders on the apps screen. I cannot now.
0 Likes
PrivacyandSecurity
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
Hold it down to the little menu that comes up. Choose select, and at the top on the search bar, it says create folder. Create your folders and drop your apps in.
0 Likes
DaisyDaisy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
There used to be a + in the corner of the folder that would let you add apps. Not there anymore. When I select an app it only gives me the option to open it. I cannot move it.1727886074400.jpg1727886074454.jpg
0 Likes
PrivacyandSecurity
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
What version of Android and One UI are you on?
0 Likes
PrivacyandSecurity
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
According to users of 6.1. it is losing features. Why we don't know. You have to find these workarounds. At least you got your folders back. šŸ˜Š
0 Likes
PrivacyandSecurity
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
For now, it will be drag and drop.
0 Likes