Original topic:

Moving files

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
Members_D9Z5S7E
Constellation
Options
Tablets

I use my Galaxy tab for school. Up until today I could navigate to my downloads folder from the folder I want to move a file to, select the file in the downloads folder, select move, then hit the back button to return to the folder to which I want to move the file, then select "move here". As of earlier today, when I select the file and select "move" it only gives me the option to move it by navigating all the way through my folders to get to where I want to place the file. Was this due to a recent update? I didn't get any notifications of the app updating before this changed. I can't find anything in settings about it.

Is there some way I can get it back to how it worked before?

Thanks.

5 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets
That's the way it's always been for me, regardless of what model device. I could never go to the destination folder first. Hitting the back button takes you to the folder list.
0 Likes
cram1999
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Sigh. Yes... navigation has changed... a few days ago. Both on tablet and phone. Don't like it. Doesn't allow to easily select  favourites. Let's hope Files returns to how it was when  oneUI 7 is released. 

0 Likes
LSVA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
Same thing here, as well as working between multiple windows. I turned off auto update on my other devices to stop it from happening on them. This terrible, and a huge step backwards. They need to undo this madness. Change for the sake of change alone is counter productive. Productivity in file management is gone. So sad!
user5vU5CViEee
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets

They ruined the Samsung my files app. The star folder/fav is irrelevant now. Use to, I'd select a file to move, and my star folders would be right there. Now they are buried, and it takes 10 clicks to move a file. I move 60-80 files a day šŸ˜«

Whoever did this must not use the app or need to be fired.

Tmym
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
They need to change it back, this is not an improvement it makes thing way more time consuming and inconvenient. I did a double take and tried to move my file again the first time I interacted with the feature because I thought I had misclicked somewhere.