JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Facebook won't size properly to fit my S7+ display

(Topic created: 07-18-2023 09:29 AM)
mdennis49
Constellation
Options
Tablets
This may not be specific to Samsung or S7+ but I can't seem to find a solution to the problem I am having. Facebook appears too large when I invoke the Facebook app or when I view Facebook using Firefox. I believe Facebook should be able to determine the proper display size by querying the hardware device that it is invoked from but for the life of me I can't find the solution when browsing the facebook settings. I am hoping that someone may have had the same issue and has found a solution. I should not have to scroll through a single Facebook page. It is very annoying! Thank you for any help!
4 Replies
UserTimBo
Galaxy
Options
Tablets
Go into settings, labs and enable Facebook in Landscape view for Portait apps. It's FB, it's not really tablet optimized. IG is the same
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

This is a Facebook app issue not Samsung. 

To resolve try Settings->Advanced Features->Labs->Landscape View for Portrait apps->Facebook=Toggle ON->Long press to get another option menu then try the options.  I find that for the most part, App Default is the better option but it's personal preference. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

When the screen has been rotated the butting says either Landscape or Portrait, not Auto.  If you have that button taping it will return it to Auto. 

In the latest version of Android, that icon is a pad lock.  Tap that to return it to Auto

Screenshot_20230718_083331_Edge.jpg

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Tablets

Hello there, and thank you for reaching out to our Samsung Community. I want to thank everyone for their assistance as I definitely understand the concern for the display not sizing/rotating correctly for the app and would like to assist to the best of our ability with this matter.

First I recommend ensuring you're running the latest update for your device.  Once confirmed (and/or updated) the next recommendation is to delete the application and reinstall it. Sadly, If any of the issues stated still persist, the only option is to contact the app developer.

At this point, you will need to reach out to Facebook support for further assistance as based on the description this is an app developer issue. They will be the only ones capable to handle this matter going forward.