Adding DVD drive to Samsung smart TV

(Topic created: 08-23-2024 11:49 AM)
Erwin3
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Hello,

I just purchased a 43 inch Samsung smart TV. Attached a Sony DVD player
and was hoping to play my burned DVDs which are all in the AVI format.
No luck there. Also tried the MP4 format with no luck.
Commercial disks are playing just fine.
My question to anyone: In what format should I burn to have them play back?
Would very much appreciate an answer.

Thank you
Erwin
<hidden>

3 Replies
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

That would depends on the make and model of the DVD player. Some DVD players can only play certain file types. Check the documentation that came with your DVD player to see which file types it can play.  I would recommend reaching out to Sony for help with this issue since they are they ones that made the DVD player 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
Erwin3
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Thank you, Gary, for your speedy reply. I decided to stay with the old video player since the Sony never worked.

I do have another question: How can I remove a connected device from the Samsung TV which is a Crystal UHD DU7200B 43 inch? When I first connected it to the Internet I also added the Sony video player. This gives me now problems and I would like to remove it permanently.

Erwin

0 Likes
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
Can I have a little bit so I can get home watching my nephew at the moment away from my tv to look at the settings

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes