JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Q990C (2023) Q-symphony audio drop outs

(Topic created: 04-02-2023 04:45 AM)
Options
Home Theater

Just got the 2023 Q990c sound bar. Everything works great except for q symphony. I’m experiencing intermittent audio drop outs when using the q symphony feature. The audio will dropout from all sound bar speakers while still playing through tv speakers for a few seconds at a time. I have the sound bar connected to the 2022 Qn90b. I experienced the dropouts while using the Apple Music app on the tv. I have space fit (sound bar setting) and adaptive + (under intelligent settings on tv) both turned on. Not sure if that is relevant to the dropouts yet. Seems as if this is most likely firmware related as i experience no audio dropouts with Q symphony turned off.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Home Theater

Turns out an untrustworthy brand of hdmi cables was the source of all my issues with eARC.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
Options
Home Theater

Forgot to mention, I am running firmware versions 1002 for the q990c and 1430 for the Qn90b.

Options
Home Theater

I believe I figured out what is causing the dropouts with q symphony. I turned off adaptive+ sound (space fit) via the tv’s intelligent settings. Since I turned it off, I haven’t experienced any audio dropouts. I did leave the sound bar’s space fit setting on. I am confused about the space fit settings. This q990c (2023) has the space fit setting on the bar itself. The tv also has the space fit setting (adaptive +) via intelligent settings. I previously had both turned on. Are these settings both doing the same thing? Is there a difference between them? Do I need both activated or just one to use the space fit feature. At the moment, I only have the sound bar space fit activated to avoid audio drop outs while using q symphony. I will update if i experience further dropouts with the space fit settings configured this way.

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

I did experience further drop outs with this setting configuration. 

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

I discovered that eARC is causing the issue. It has nothing to do with the q symphony or spacefit features. Once I turned off eARC mode on my tv, and all audio dropouts stopped. I’m just not sure if the issue is with the sound bar or the tv (Qn90b). eARC needs to be fixed

0 Likes
Solution
Options
Home Theater

Turns out an untrustworthy brand of hdmi cables was the source of all my issues with eARC.

0 Likes