JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

HW-Q800C Soundbar buzzing when unpausing Dolby Atmos audio

(Topic created: 05-31-2024 11:30 AM)
userlrQLMCFQUe
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hello everyone I have a issue with an HW-800C that's kind of specific, hopefully someone might have had a similar issue resolved.

Whenever I pause a 4K or standard movie playing Dolby Atmos for 30 seconds to past a minute, the soundbar will start making a buzzing noise when I resume playing. So not when it's paused, but after I unpause. The buzzing seems to expand the longer its paused as well. This buzzing does not happen when muting and unmuting, nor does it happen playing a 4K Movie on a PS5 with linear pcm. A regular bluray with True Dolby 5.1 also experienced buzzing.

• The Q800C is connected to a Samsung QN90D 55 inch with the supplied HDMI Cable through the ARC. The 4K bluray players used are the Sony X700 and the LG UP875, connected to the TV
  • Alternate HDMI ports on the TV were used. The 4K bluray players were tested on a Sony HT A7000 with no issues on Dolby Atmos playback.
  • Q Symphony was disabled, problem persists. When Q Symphony is enabled, during unpause, tv speaker is playing back its audio while soundbar does buzzing.

Currently I've reset the soundbar, unplugged power and cables I've  updated the firmware to 1004 via USB as instructed by Samsung Support and the problem does continue to exist. 

There is one major note; when using HDMI passthrough on the soundbar, the buzzing issue does not happen no matter how long I pause. However Q Symphony is disabled when plugged directly to the soundbar. This seems like a good workaround but the original issue worries me as the buzzing has gotten worse in the month. I don't normally pause a movie but since it happened I've been testing and it gets worse every time.

Samsung is sending someone near my area for service but if anyone has any suggestions or ideas on what could be the root cause of this buzzing, I would greatly appreciate it!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I would recommend continuing with the service as it seems you have covered all the troubleshooting that would be available with this. You can also try this information at the following link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01109855/. I would also recommend making a video of the issue occuring for the service center to see.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I would recommend continuing with the service as it seems you have covered all the troubleshooting that would be available with this. You can also try this information at the following link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01109855/. I would also recommend making a video of the issue occuring for the service center to see.