Original topic:

Agree button not working

(Topic created: Thursday)
greggjh1987
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm still using the galaxy gear s3 .and I recently preformed a factory reset on my watch. Now when I try to resync it with my galaxy s22 ultra. I connects and pairs just fine...until I get to the terms and conditions screen. Whether I check the 3 provided boxes or not, clicking the agree button does nothing. It highlights briefly signifying that it's being clicked but nothing happens past that. I've even un-installed the app and reinstalled it. Reinstalled the plugins and even did a factory reset on my phone. Nothing fixes it. I can not find any helpful solutions on Google search. Does anyone on here know any other method I could try to get my watch finalized and synced to my phone? I've even tried installing older apk versions of the app hoping it would work but nope. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you
0 Likes
4 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Is that a Tizen OS watch? Support for Tizen has ended. Could be the "agree" function has nowhere to direct to. It may be that the Tizen watches will remain usable until something happens to them. In your case, you had to reset and now the watch won't function. I know you probably love your watch, which is why you still have it, but you need to switch to one of the WearOS watches now.
0 Likes
greggjh1987
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks for the headsup and info. Didn't know that myself. However it's still a perfect functioning watch and should be no reason as to why galaxy wearable app can't accept the watch. It's absurd and ridiculous if this just happens to be the case
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
I don't have an answer for that other than the new iterations of the wear app may no longer have the facility to handle the Tizen systems. It may have been able to for legacy connections, but a reset is essentially a new connection and may not be able to properly pair through any new Wear app versions (just guessing here). I too hate when I have to give up something perfectly functional for my needs because the manufacturer discontinued all support and, thus, functionality for a product. It seems wasteful.

It's still perfectly functional as a watch, though. Just not a connected one.
0 Likes
Rooks
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've got the exact same issue. Agree lights up but nothing happens. I'm just going around in circles. I've tried agreeing to the terms and conditions via my Samsung account to no avail.

Have you managed to get anywhere with this? I've tried to set the watch up as a stand alone and I can't even do that.

0 Likes