Original topic:

Text to translate malfunctioning

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
TravelGuy93
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm experiencing a problem with my Samsung S24 Ultra. When I use the text-to-translation function on the keyboard to convert sentences from English to Spanish, I noticed that the translated sentences contain additional words not related at the beginning. I've deleted and re-downloaded the language package, tried switching from Samsung keyboard to Google keyboard. My phone is also updated on all updates too. I would appreciate any help in resolving this issue. 

For example:
What I typed - Oatmeal 
What is translated - Comida de carne. 
0 Likes
10 Replies
Members_obhoVKD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm having the same problem. I've cleared the cache on the language packs, reinstalled them, turned every option off and back on again, tried both the Samsung and Google translators, to no avail. It adds a random word or two in the beginning that doesn't belong and makes no sense. At this point it seems like a Samsung bug that needs attention.

0 Likes
TravelGuy93
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I spoke with Samsung tech support. Absolutely no help, even gave them access to my phone and they couldn't figure out the problem. Hopefully it is a bug that gets fixed soon. What language are you trying to use that is malfunctioning?
0 Likes
Members_obhoVKD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Spanish as well. I've pieced together that it adds an extra something at the very beginning of what I want, except for questions. Maybe because there's a Āæ at the beginning of a Spanish question and that doesn't make it bug out, but everything else comes out with some janky out of place word. So strange. 

0 Likes
userGWE41r2zLK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
So I found a solution that really isn't even a fix at all but more of a bug. It happens with spanish for me as well. Especially when I have it english-->spanish(united states)
Or
English-->spanish(mexico)

But when I change it to covert my English to spanish(spain) no extra text is added to the beginning of my messages. Hopefully that helps you.
0 Likes
TravelGuy93
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I haven't tried that. Thanks for the suggestion. Have you tried contacting Samsung about this problem?
0 Likes
userGWE41r2zLK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Nope. Just trial and error. And it worked for me. I noticed it while change the the translations and whenever the other 2 were selected, an extra misc word would appear in the front so it must be a bug with those 2 language packs
TravelGuy93
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks for the advice, that definitely helped. It is unfortunate we have to figure out our own solutions to our problems after spending $1000 for a phone that was advertised to do something it is failing to do.
userGWE41r2zLK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
How do we report a bug to samsung. That seems to be the next step
0 Likes
TravelGuy93
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I just Google this.1727221020694.jpg
0 Likes