Original topic:

Translation is add etrax words

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Ramolo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Has anyone else notice that the translate that samsung has on the text opinions adds extra words to your translated messages. For example type "Good afternoon" and it translates fine. But when I try to type "good afternoon" it adds an extra word.. it's weird and I just noticed it today not the best with spanish but I try for my clients and they tell when that I'm write stuff weird. 
14 Replies
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

What extra word does it add to "good afternoon" that it does not add to "Good afternoon"?  

I would have to also state that if you are typing things into it like your last sentence, or your topic title, then it would have a hard time, as that is not proper English to begin with.  I have not used the translate feature, so this is just a guess, but most electronics require precision to get things right.

Translation adds extra words

it's weird and I just noticed it today not the best with Spanish but when I try for my clients, they tell that I'm writing stuff weird. 

Not meaning to be the grammar police, just found both sentences hard to read, and I am not a machine.

0 Likes
userkCzkVlzI51
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes every single sentence I write it adds words at the beginning. There is no reason for it and it changes the meaning. It's a huge bug.
0 Likes
Members_obhoVKD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm having the same problem. I've cleared the cache on the language packs, reinstalled them, turned every option off and back on again, tried both the Samsung and Google translators, to no avail. It adds a random word or two in the beginning that doesn't belong and makes no sense. At this point it seems like a Samsung bug that needs attention.

coolted12
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Im having that same problem, its confusing people, ive been having to use deepl instead 

coolted12
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

if samsung is reading this please put out an update to fix this 

userkCzkVlzI51
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I messaged samsung, they told me to wipe the partition cache which I did. It didn't fix it. They said to file an error report through the members app. I did that. No response yet, but maybe they need more people to file an error report. I think the issue is related to either the cache not dumping all of the characters from the previous translation or it is related to their new AI feature that is supposed to complete sentences. Either way, this is a huge bug. The AI has already put in insults. Be careful how you use this and monitor the transactions.
0 Likes
userGWE41r2zLK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
So I found a solution that really isn't even a fix at all but more of a bug. It happens with spanish for me as well. Especially when I have it english-->spanish(united states)
Or
English-->spanish(mexico)

But when I change it to covert my English to spanish(spain) no extra text is added to the beginning of my messages. Hopefully that helps you.
0 Likes
userGWE41r2zLK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Same issue. Started 2 says ago
0 Likes
userGWE41r2zLK
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I will say good morning but it'll say "December good morning "