Original topic:

Samsung warranty USA applies for third-party purchases?

(Topic created: 08-27-2024 05:35 PM)
BAP122
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

If I purchase a brand-new, sealed-pack phone from Amazon or Swappa, can I claim the Samsung warranty (inside US) if something happens?

I won't have the original proof of purchase since I'm going to purchase it from either of those websites.
0 Likes
6 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

Yes, as long as you have a purchase receipt and or register it in  your account (these days, I believe the devices register automatically as soon as you sign into your Samsung account on them.), the full manufacturer's warranty will be in effect.  I do not believe you can purchase Samsung Care through those vendors, but you can buy a protection plan from Amazon at time of sale. You would get a bill of sale from Amazon.  Why would you buy something from a vendor who won't give you a receipt?  In the case of Amazon, your order is your invoice, however, the date of sale becomes the date the warranty starts (not the day you receive it).  I don't know about swappa, but you would probably still get a receipt/order confirmation from whoever you purchased it from.

BAP122
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks
0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
If it's new and not refurbished for example you should have the warranty
0 Likes
BAP122
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
But I think to buy the phone from swappa
0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
Swappable would tend to be used or slightly some are fairly new some used for long period so warranty would be a question to ask
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

If you buy a refurbished phone, there's no guarantee there will be a warranty. If there is, it would probably be 90 days.  You would have to check that information prior to buying.

0 Likes