Original topic:

Samsung messages issue

(Topic created: 2 hours ago)
UKRocksall63
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Is anybody having issues with samsung messages regarding having to manually download text messages? Normally, messages which is automatically download is normal. Lately I would haveLately, I would have to manually download it by pressing on the link.
Thanks. 
7 Replies
JollyCello
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

@UKRocksall63  If you switched to Google Messages you wouldn't have these problems.

Who is your carrier ?

Do you have a locked or unlocked device?

UKRocksall63
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I actually switched reluctantly before I posted. I'm just so used to using samsung, but another remember.Mentioned that they're trying to force people to use google messages and serve samsung messages.
That does make sense, because i've been getting reminders about upgrading.
Thanks.
evilwall
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
There making you switch to Google messages. U don't have a choice
driek
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
RCS for Samsung Messages has also stopped working all of a sudden. The blue dot by some of my contacts names have went a way and can't send high quality videos anymore. It sucks
JollyCello
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

@driek I understand change is hard and people love Samsung Message app more than Google Messages, the fact remains both carriers and Google are forcing this change. Google wants a unified messaging service for the billion Android phones world wide. It is after all their platform, their rules.

Now that Iphones will support RCS with the release of ios 18, the only way you can have the features of RCS is with Google Messages. It will not work using Samsung Messages.

0 Likes
driek
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
The fact is known and I'm not disputing it but it still sucks. Samsung is one of if not the best selling phone company and should take a page out of apple's book and create their own ios for their own devices without relying on Google. That's one thing i can give apple credit for is that they control everything about their devices and ecosystem and not reliant on another company
0 Likes
mham
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
If you're switching from Google Messages to Samsung Messages and aren't receiving texts, the most likely solution is to turn off RCS (Rich Communication Services) in your Google Messages settings before switching to the Samsung app, as this can sometimes cause compatibility issues between different messaging apps. Open the Google Messages app, Go to Settings, Select "RCS chats", and Toggle the "RCS chats" option to off. Then go back to Samsung messages and make default and should receive texts.
0 Likes