Original topic:

Samsung Messages is trying to force me to switch to Google Messages

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
SuperOvni
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24

Why is Samsung messaging trying to send me to Google Messages?

The first thing I don't like about Google Messages is that it doesn't have trash like Samsung and if it does, where is it, could someone help?

Thanks!!!

18 Replies
SuperOvni
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Thanks for the information šŸ‘šŸ»
0 Likes
rebelwolf4622
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
I prefer Google messages. Actually, in my experience, I found that Google apps actually work better on samsung than samsungs own apps. With the exception of chrome and samsung internet. Those 2 are pretty equal.
oldhess
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Can you schedule to send a text at a later time?
0 Likes
Jao
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I don't like Google Messages there is no way to theme it so that it has amoled pure black background.

Members_XyYLo2x
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Google messages does not have custom categories! Until it does, I can't possibly switch over!

Members_d3ftD68
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have been a Samsung customer for 20 years. I'm actually considering an iPhone. I HATE Google Messages. I don't like being forced to use something I can't customize. I see videos talking about the "three little dots" to change things-mine doesn't have three little dots. It's poo brown and I can't just pass my eyes over the list of messge because everything is the same color and blends. I hate this. I have a Samsung 22+. It's older, but not obsolete. Samsung, just stop. 

AudraD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I got "upgraded" to Google messages without my knowledge or consent and didn't even realize what had happened at first. I just knew that all of a sudden, functions I relied on heavily (e.g., shared attachments) were suddenly gone and my efficiency plummeted. And hey, I want to be able to send photos in different sizes of MY CHOICE. And searching my text messages? Well, the Google results were also compressed to what Big Brother Google felt I needed to see. I hated the change so much I started searching online for what happened and figured it out. I learned it was because I was being unwillingly handed off to Google Messages with no say. I was happy to learn I could still download Samsung Messages through the Play Store and immediately did and was again happy. Learning that they are ultimately doing away with Samsung Messages altogether is insanely disappointing because I have ZERO desire to use Google Messages and just WON'T. I will keep pressing the "Not Now" button when being hard-arm coaxed to "Upgrade to Google Messages to enhance chats with custom themes and Screen Effects". You know, since "Not Ever" is not an option and since I could give two hoots about custom themes and Screen Effects since my Gen does not end with Z. I hate the idea of having to search for a 3rd Party messaging app now, but that is what I am being forced to do. If anyone has any recommendations, I would love them.

0 Likes
Debbie7264
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I lost all the texts I sent myself after switching to Google Messenger. I'm not happy.
userl3E0w1jZm5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I absolutely will not use Google messages. What, so they can safe my messages on their servers to give to which ever rich **bleep** pays them enough? No thank you! I switched from google search as well, **bleep**ty ai results among other issues. Also, if I can't make message categories or keep everything local and delete when I want... Then I want no part of your garbage message app. I'd rather use carrier pigeons than google messages, f that

0 Likes