Original topic:

Samsung Messages Now Google Messages

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Dami12
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Is it me alone or does anyone miss the samsung Messaging App šŸ˜ŖšŸ˜” all the nice features, background, wallpaper, the entire interface man, I'm really not enjoying google Messages. I always despised it but now it's even worse.
Dami12
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Likewise brother, I am in agreement šŸ¤
Options
Galaxy S24
Cuz Sansung Messages is old and outdated, and Google Messages is new and uodated, as well as it having RCS by default instead of just standard SMS texting
0 Likes
winegirl1968
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
I have used Google Messages exclusively since it was was released. I try Samsung occasionally and every time I always go back to Google. I guess it's what you are used to because Samsung is awful to me. šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€:female_sign:
Dami12
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Yea it all boils down to what the preference is for an individual....
0 Likes
Megistic
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm using Samsung message. I don't like the Google message
Dami12
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Word! I agree. To me, it's better by far.
0 Likes
Bar_Na
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I've been getting the notification on my Samsung Galaxy A32 5G phone the last month recommending to upgrade to Google Messages. I posted several days ago about this and many people commented with their experiences and input, but I think my post was removed... At least I don't see it now.

Anyhow, a number of people say they have been using Google Messages and have no problem with it, saying they can customize the screens, saying their texts transferred over, saying that it works better since it uses RCS which many Samsung phones do not.

I would prefer if Samsung dedicated a little effort to upgrading the built-in Messages so that it had the feature to "react" to texts, which Google Messages does. And I wish that after all the countless phone updates that Samsung has forced to my phone the last year or two, that they would've included added RCS to the Messages, because I still cannot see it anywhere in my Samsung Messages!

I'd like to try out Google Messages the next time I get the recommendation notification when I open Samsung Messages, just to see what the experience really is like.. Since I know already that I can switch back to having Samsung Messages as the default, and that I won't normally lose any of my texts messages during the switching over to Google Messages. With so many people saying they like Google Messages, it can't be that bad... As one person who commented on my post thread (which I think was removed..?), I won't know if I don't try it... šŸ¤”
0 Likes
Dami12
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Point taken, I believe you 100 when u say samsung should update the Messaging App it's need a upgrade but the part about customizing their screen is new to me because I've tried to give it a usable look etc but it's not working out, don't get me wrong if I have without no choice to use Google message I will but I don't think I'll ever feel the same way about samsung Messages app.
0 Likes
Bar_Na
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Some people said in my recent post thread that Samsung was phasing out their support, or more like their involvement with, the built-in Messages, in favor of letting the Google Messages be the default messages app, with all new model Samsung phones.. Apparently because Samsung preferred to just handle the hardware aspect of the business and not so much the software.. But I say, how difficult can it be to add a few seemingly minor upgrades to the Samsung Messages, like for example the "reactions" feature option that both Google Messages and the fb Messenger apps have. And also the RCS ability across the board for any recent model and new late-model Samsung phone. I mean, my Galaxy A32 5G is only three years old, I got it in 2021. So why can't Samsung provide an upgrade for RCS in any of the recent phone system updates that they've done..?? This is what is frustrating, that Samsung is giving up and just recommending that we "upgrade" to Google Messages "for a better experience" and oh for a more secure "encrypted" messaging experience...

Samsung doesn't care too much apparently about satisfying it's customers' user experience... šŸ¤Ø
0 Likes
Dami12
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I so agree with you. The swipe left to call feature is not even in Google Messages , the feature there is to delete and archive messages you have to reach up top to tap the call button when u can just swipe and calls go off.. but yes they can do message and not just lose this app it's a great app!
0 Likes