Original topic:

S24 Ultra always hot

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Truckit
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Not even a year old and my S24 Ultra battery gets so hot that I can't even touch it to shut it off. 
Only apps I have running in background which is for my work is Google Maps and another work related app as well as Apple music.
I'm afraid my phone might self destruct and risk it taking my car with it.
Any help will be appreciated 
8 Replies
rpappu
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Try galaxy app booster. This optimize apps.1726533519367.jpg1726533600219.jpg
0 Likes
betancd
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
Also, reset the cache partition. Usually clears up such issues for me.
0 Likes
TodayistheDay
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
My battery was doing the same, then the back of phone warped because the battery was getting too hot. I took it in to t-mobile and they gave me a new phone . Take care of it as soon as possible, it is a fire hazard
Robjets
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
It's from apps running in the background. Every app youve ever opened as well as Samsung and carrier installed apps run in the background forever unless you manually close them in settings. This keeps the processor running hard which heats up the phone tremendously. People blame the phone as faulty because they dont know why this is happening. Its no different than a computer. The more apps running on a pc the harder the pc processor runs and the hotter it runs.
Lots of apps running in the background also lowers performance of your phone and the overall lifespan of your phone. It also causes the battery to drain much faster. The lady who posted earlier about her phone warping and over heating probably never closed her background apps. Anyone who doesn't close their background apps completely is at risk of future cellphone problems. Its not because the phone is faulty. My phone has been hot a few times but after closing apps it's always cool. A pc has fans that can cool everything but a cellphone is an enclosed device with no way to cool itself. In a perfect world no cellphone would overheat. Users buy cellphones and not aware of why they overheat is the problem. It's basically a computer in your hand.

Just getting rid of the apps from your home screen does not close them. They are still running unless you close them manually in the settings.

Instead of closing every app manually an easier option is to search for app killers in Google Play. App killers will show every app running in the background and you can close the apps. You should run an app killer on your phone at least every couple of days minimum.

Best app killer I've found so far for S24 is KILL APPS.
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

FYI Google maps uses several different components and I have experienced all the phones I have ever owned causing heat up issues when it is running with another app.  Not sure why it needs to be constantly on for your job.

Also you have a great command of the English language and typing seeing as how you are under1 year old!

0 Likes
Truckit
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Hardee harr harr.
0 Likes
Robjets
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm not going to engage in the insults game. What gets me though is why many people who lack knowledge on something choose to throw insults instead of asking questions to try to learn.
Stating all your phones have always run hot just says you haven't bothered to learn or take steps so they don't. Do a search on why computers or why cellphones run hot.
When you open any app on the cellphone it makes the processor work which produces heat. The more apps you open the harder the processor has to work which creates even more heat.
If all you do is swipe the app to get it off the screen it never closes the app. If you never close apps completely it's entirely possible you could have 50 to well over 100 or even far more apps running in the background. This would definitely cause hot phones.

If you want to close an app completely you literally have two options period. Go into the app settings and click Force Stop and do that individually for every app running taking lots of time or download an app killer that can help you close them in a matter of a minute or two.
Many of these app killers have options to ignore apps you don't want closed or can't close for work or whatever. Just like any other app some app killers are great some are **bleep**. You might want to test multiple app killers. Also most of these app killers won't close system apps.

Third option is just to ignore everything and keep letting your phone run hot or overheat.
0 Likes
Truckit
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I deliver Mrdical Supplies to various customers in different locations. Reason for needing map app open
0 Likes