JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S24 Ultra: Unable to choose different SIMs for phone calls and cellular network usage

(Topic created: 04-26-2024 10:18 AM)
adrianyepremyan
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi. It's been a week with my new S24 Ultra, and one thing that really bothers me is that I am unable to use my SIM1 (physical) for phone calls and SMS, and the SIM2 (eSIM) for the cellular network.

There's no such option to choose in the Settings app. I am able to choose only the Primary SIM, which uses the chosen SIM for everything, which is not useful in my case. I saw a similar question asked, but there were no solutions posted. I wanted to know if I can use two eSIMs at the same time, and if by doing that I might be able to have more control over them or not, because I can swap my physical SIM with another eSIM easily.

KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
eSIMs in QR codes that require a manual activation code entry cannot be used (4th screenshot). None of the carriers in the United States require an activation code to be entered manually. For example, if you activate a foreign SIM with Gio (India) and it asks for an activation code, here's what would happen.
ā€¢ US/CA models: "eSIMs from this country/region cannot be added"
ā€¢ International models: "Enter Activation Code"

Cross-device eSIM transfers were removed in One UI 6.0. It is not clear whether they would return in One UI 6.1 for the US.Screenshot_20231030_233154_Call settings_1000014755_1698733914.pngScreenshot_20231030_233159_Call settings_1000014756_1698733919.pngScreenshot_20231127_235943_Call settings_1000016111_1701158383.pngScreenshot_20231127_235953_Call settings_1000016112_1701158393.png
bdanyel
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

This is very annoying, like annoying is the problem of the camera that change the saturation of the color after I take the picture, and make terrible and fake colors. This is really an annoying and there's no way to stop that.  I'm very very disappointed of this phone. I'm gonna ride off now. Very annoying Samsung. 

I regret that II sold my s23 ultra to by this bs new model!  

Wake up Samsung!  

GeeksFortune
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Am experiencing the same problem with US Unlocked Version S24 Ultra SM S928u1. It's utterly frustrating that a simple functionality as being able to use 1sim card for calls&text and the other exclusively for Mobile data only is missing from such a flagship.

If this is a software limitation we hope and pray that Samsung can fix&add the functionality in future updatesšŸ˜

0 Likes
fatchet
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

How about the B variant? I can only choose sim 1 for mobile data usage. I wish to choose my esim as an option but not in the choices šŸ˜ž

Magnumxxxl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I can do this with my pixel 8 pro in USA. I don't understand why it was removed if even my basic older pixel phones can do this. It's asinine to me that Samsung removed this feature. I have to use another phone because of this dumb limitation that a flagship removed.
PAHelper
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Magnumxxxl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
That does not work. It only says switch to switch to primary sim for data, calls and texts. There's no option like this with the U1.
0 Likes
fayis
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Does the sm-s928U1 have the "Data Switch" option under the "Sim Manager"?

0 Likes
Samsung_79jcYDZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Are there any plans to enable this functionality?  

0 Likes
Binju
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

The options to choose which sim is being used for calls/messages/data is so helpful when you're travelling and trying to avoid roaming charges. It is mind boggling that a flagship phone bought off of Samsung's website has this feature disabled for US/Canada yet enabled in other markets. What was the thought process behind this change? I'm betting there was only one - $$$$$.

All I can say is next phone I'm not going with Samsung, done dealing with different variants of the same phone and trying to figure out what I'm going to get.