Original topic:

S24 Ultra: Super Telephoto Raw photos are quite bad: comparison with S21 Ultra

(Topic created: 4 hours ago)
Cerberus64
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Can you guess which one of those cropped photos of the same subject taken under identical conditions was made with the S24 Ultra or the S21 Ultra? 

The really terrible one cost about 400 euros more to take on the S24 Ultra. 

I have been patient. When I first noticed this terrible quality I was told that it would be fixed in a software update. Before that I was told by support that nothing was wrong. There have been several software updates with camera fixes but none of them have changed the result in Super Telephoto mode. 

It has now been over half a year since launch. 

It's time for Samsung to admit that they will never fix this and that a decision was made to reduce the quality of these kinds of photos while charging far more for it. 

Instead, everyone who bought one of these phones is now stuck with it, some trading in their s21-23's which do a far better job. 

Samsung, If you would like to reach out to me with a solution, that would be great, thanks. 

1000133570.png

ā€ƒ

1000133569.png

ā€ƒ

0 Likes
4 Replies
JollyCello
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

@Cerberus64 They are both kinda terrible. Why would you even want to pixel peep at this level? What is the point of this experiment?

0 Likes
kmb1
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
I definitely see your point. I have some photos that I took with my 1st generation Moto g ($189 brand new) that are MASSIVELY better than most I've taken with my S21+, S23 Ultra, or S24 Ultra. And I also didnt have to screw around with ANY camera settings, the epitome of point - and - shoot. Whether you 'pixel peep' or not, you shouldn't have photo capability DEGRADATION with a phone UPGRADE not to mention a price INCREASE.
Options
Galaxy S24
Cerberus. Great name. I'm wondering what percent of people in the Community would realize that Cerberus is mentioned by one of the greatest Authors of Ancient Rome.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm curious about this post because I have the poor dying dinosaur Note 20 Ultra 512gb which at its Release was Di Caprio saying. I'm the King of the World. (Come to think of it he was at the front of the Titanic at the time) I would assume the latest greatest Phone the S24, would be perfection....