Original topic:

S24 Ultra Navigation bar clunky

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
CubZeke
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Has anyone else experienced issues with the navigation bar? I currently have it hidden and swipe styled e.g. swipe bottom right up for recent apps, swipe bottom middle up for home, swipe bottom left up to go back. 

Ever since I updated to the newly released 6.1.1 patch, it feels unresponsive. I have to swipe two maybe three times for the swipe to register. I use my phone quite often and notice this being an issue as of recently. 
8 Replies
LukeƖ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I experience the same issue since the last update. I have no idea what to do or why it happens but I'm glad to see I'm not alone in this situation. I hope they'll fix it soon... 

CubZeke
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
I am very glad that this isn't a standalone issue.
0 Likes
userEGs7m2hKth
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Same here. I even tried it without a case and it still has problems.
CubZeke
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes! Even without a case, the issue still persists. I hope a moderator sees this post. I might just open a bug report here.
0 Likes
userEGs7m2hKth
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Yes, that would be great!
0 Likes
userEGs7m2hKth
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I went ahead and turned on my gesture hints to see if that would help. So far it seems to be working like it used to before the update.
0 Likes
LukeƖ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I've tried this too.

Indeed it makes it as responsive as before, but (I speak for myself and people who agree) we don't want hints, it makes the screen look ugly and... Actually that's not the problem, there's a troubleshooting to make !

It was so annoying I switched to the new gesture thing (erasing the ugly mega hint bar at the bottom with NavStar) but I hate those controls.

I mean, swiping the left and right edges of the screen for going back is sort of OK (except when it comes to crop a screenshot or whatever that involves using the actual edges of the screen) but that "short swipe for home screen, long swipe to recent apps" is ridiculous and works randomly.

It is now clear that it's a firmware update issue, and WE the people who love the good old working gestures have to stand for our right to use it ! We did it when after purchasing the s24 Ultra (or series) those gestures disappeared and for the return of the vivid colors (I sounded dramatic on purpose).

We can do it again! 

... I'll @ Samsung on X hoping a dev will get back to me. We all should. 

0 Likes
userEGs7m2hKth
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I couldn't agree more! I'm using the hints at the moment, but I really hope they fix the problem soon. Like you, I don't like looking at the hints on my screen, it's so much better without them!