Original topic:

S24 Ultra 5G stand-alone setting is grayed out and need help enabling it

(Topic created: 5 hours ago)
stephiijt
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm so tired of trying to figure out how to fix this stinking phone. Can someone please help me. At&t store was completely useless. My 5g standalone setting is grayed out. Can anyone help me troubleshoot and possibly go over settings and security certificates should look like on this thing. Should of stayed with my s23 ultra. 

10 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@stephiijt Can you provide more information? I am not familiar with this setting. Where is it found? 

0 Likes
stephiijt
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Connections1728574928883.jpg
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

It appears you have an AT&T locked phone and, for some reason, they turned that off.  They should have been able to help you at the store, but they are not technicians there, they are salespeople.  You would be better off dialing 611 on your phone and asking for tech support.  With a company locked phone, only they can change or enable settings they have disabled for the user.  Does AT&T still charge extra for 5G and they turned it off because you are not paying for a 5G plan?

LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S24

@stephiijt As @realaud mentions, access to many things in the Mobile network menus is controlled by the carrier. It looks like your carrier makes the option not selectable. 

@realaud  That setting forces your phone to only use 5G. With that disabled, the phone will select the best available network whether that be 4G, 5G, etc.

stephiijt
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I pay every month. Supposed to have elite unlimited with 5g. Never been late paying.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S24

@stephiijt Again, that option does not mean that you don't have 5G access. If that option is enabled you will not have phone service in areas where 5G is not active or strong. 

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
As @LongHiker mentioned, if the slider is enabled it means th phone will only connect to 5G, which means that in ateas with no 5G service you will have no coverage. The way it is now, it will connect to any available network with priority for 5G. This is probably why they disabled it in the first place. Do you know how many calls they would get of people complaining of no service because they turned that on and weren't in a 5G area?
0 Likes
stephiijt
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I will call 611 and ask for tech support. Ty
0 Likes
stephiijt
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Ok ty does and know about user security certificates?
0 Likes