Original topic:

S24 ULTRA powered off by itself!

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
moataze
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Hello, 

I woke up this morning and found my S24 Ultra shut off by itself. I had to turn it on. It was not auto restart but complete shutdown.
Battery was 45% and everything seems right! 
What could have happend ? Or what is going on! 
2 Replies
testerkd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Itā€™s unusual for your Galaxy S24 Ultra to completely shut down on its own when the battery is still at 45%. Here are some potential causes and troubleshooting steps to help identify the issue:

1. Software Glitch
- Sometimes, a bug or glitch in the system can cause the phone to shut down unexpectedly.
- Solution: Make sure your phoneā€™s software is up to date. Go to Settings ā†’ Software Update ā†’ Download and Install.

2. Battery Calibration Issue
- The battery percentage might not be reporting correctly, even though it showed 45%. The phone might have drained completely without accurately displaying it.
- Solution: Fully drain the battery (until the phone turns off), then charge it to 100% without interruptions. Repeat this process a couple of times to recalibrate the battery.

3. App or System Crash
- A rogue app or system process might have crashed, forcing the phone to shut down.
- Solution: Check for recent apps that might be consuming too much power by going to Settings ā†’ Battery and Device Care ā†’ Battery Usage. Uninstall or update any suspicious apps.

4. Overheating
- Phones can shut down as a protective measure when they overheat, even if the temperature doesnā€™t feel too hot to the touch.
- Solution: Check if your phone feels warmer than usual. Avoid using power-intensive apps like games for extended periods and keep the phone out of direct sunlight.

5. Battery Saver or Power Mode
- Some settings in Battery Saver or Adaptive Power Saving might be too aggressive, causing unexpected shutdowns.
- Solution: Go to Settings ā†’ Battery and Device Care ā†’ Battery ā†’ Power Saving Mode, and check if anything unusual is enabled. Try disabling adaptive battery features temporarily.

6. Corrupt Cache
- Corrupt system files or cache data can lead to instability.
- Solution: Try wiping the system cache.
- Turn off the phone.
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Power button until the Samsung logo appears.
- Use Volume buttons to navigate to Wipe Cache Partition and confirm with the Power button.

7. Hardware Issue
- Although rare, hardware issues such as a faulty battery or motherboard could cause sudden shutdowns.
- Solution: If this happens again, it might be worth visiting a Samsung service center for diagnostics.

8. Third-Party Accessories
- Using non-certified chargers or accessories can sometimes interfere with power management.
- Solution: If youā€™ve recently started using any new chargers or accessories, try switching back to the original Samsung charger.

Since the phone turned on fine afterward, it might have been a one-time issue. However, if the shutdown occurs again, you should investigate further. I faced similar challenge when working as a QA at Finoit and point 6 was the root cause of my problem.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm going with overheating.

0 Likes