Original topic:

S24 ULTRA powered off by itself!

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
moataze
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Hello, 

I woke up this morning and found my S24 Ultra shut off by itself. I had to turn it on. It was not auto restart but complete shutdown.
Battery was 45% and everything seems right! 
What could have happend ? Or what is going on! 
2 Replies
testerkd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

It’s unusual for your Galaxy S24 Ultra to completely shut down on its own when the battery is still at 45%. Here are some potential causes and troubleshooting steps to help identify the issue:

1. Software Glitch
- Sometimes, a bug or glitch in the system can cause the phone to shut down unexpectedly.
- Solution: Make sure your phone’s software is up to date. Go to Settings → Software Update → Download and Install.

2. Battery Calibration Issue
- The battery percentage might not be reporting correctly, even though it showed 45%. The phone might have drained completely without accurately displaying it.
- Solution: Fully drain the battery (until the phone turns off), then charge it to 100% without interruptions. Repeat this process a couple of times to recalibrate the battery.

3. App or System Crash
- A rogue app or system process might have crashed, forcing the phone to shut down.
- Solution: Check for recent apps that might be consuming too much power by going to Settings → Battery and Device Care → Battery Usage. Uninstall or update any suspicious apps.

4. Overheating
- Phones can shut down as a protective measure when they overheat, even if the temperature doesn’t feel too hot to the touch.
- Solution: Check if your phone feels warmer than usual. Avoid using power-intensive apps like games for extended periods and keep the phone out of direct sunlight.

5. Battery Saver or Power Mode
- Some settings in Battery Saver or Adaptive Power Saving might be too aggressive, causing unexpected shutdowns.
- Solution: Go to Settings → Battery and Device Care → Battery → Power Saving Mode, and check if anything unusual is enabled. Try disabling adaptive battery features temporarily.

6. Corrupt Cache
- Corrupt system files or cache data can lead to instability.
- Solution: Try wiping the system cache.
- Turn off the phone.
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Power button until the Samsung logo appears.
- Use Volume buttons to navigate to Wipe Cache Partition and confirm with the Power button.

7. Hardware Issue
- Although rare, hardware issues such as a faulty battery or motherboard could cause sudden shutdowns.
- Solution: If this happens again, it might be worth visiting a Samsung service center for diagnostics.

8. Third-Party Accessories
- Using non-certified chargers or accessories can sometimes interfere with power management.
- Solution: If you’ve recently started using any new chargers or accessories, try switching back to the original Samsung charger.

Since the phone turned on fine afterward, it might have been a one-time issue. However, if the shutdown occurs again, you should investigate further. I faced similar challenge when working as a QA at Finoit and point 6 was the root cause of my problem.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm going with overheating.

0 Likes