Original topic:

Purchased a S24 and it's a locked device

(Topic created: a week ago)
dbsdavis
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Purchased an S24 and clicked T Mobile as service provider. I googled to be sure that wouldn't mean my phone would be locked and found enough info to convince myself. Lo and Behold, the phone is locked. Spent more than 10 hours trying to get it unlocked. Just got the blowoff message from Samsung saying it's not their fault. It's the service providers. I don't really care. I paid Samsung and I want the product I promised. 

I will be live streaming smashing both locked phones I purchased outside of an Apple Store before I go in and purchase my very first IPhone ever.

We have been a very loyal samsung family with televisions, phones, watches, tablets, etc. In fact, just before this debacle we purchased new samsung s 7 watches that we'll be returning.

What a disappointment.

10 Replies
kimberleigh
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
When you clicked tmobile, that's what locks it. I believe they have the option to pick unlocked on the site. But I'm surprised they won't exchange it.
carabao69
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

stupid. u have an option to select unlocked version on the website. it's not everyone's fault aside from u to select T-Mobile if ur gonna use other carrier otherwise. lol

JoMaMa69
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
send a message to tmobile twitter account , if you pay the full price they will unlock it for you
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
You selected tmobile so that's what it will be set as for carrier there should be a option to get unlocked I'm same option
0 Likes
jrw1973
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
If you got a deal picking tmobile, then it's tmobile that locked it, and they can unlock it. I've had them for years. Everytime i pay that last bill, after 24 months or any period they choose, they auto unlock it. The deal is the only reason to pick a carrier over unlocked. When you Pick carrier model they not only control the lock status of the device. It also takes longer to get the updates because all their bloatware needs to be updated too.
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

You selected the T-Mobile version of the phone and are now disappointed that they gave you what you ordered?

Make sure, in that video that you create, to inform people that you caused the issue, and have decided to go with an iPhone due to your lack of understanding of how things work, which is a perfect fit for an iPhone user.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
I'll take a link to the video of you smashing them but that's 100% your fault you clicked on a agreement with a T-Mobile contract and you expected it to be unlocked when they have the specific Samsung unlocked option right below the T-Mobile option so that was you and your fault not Samsung and T-Mobile's fault. You even said in your post you found enough information to convince yourself, what does that even mean convince yourself of what if you wanted an unlocked phone it's the easiest thing to do to click the buy unlocked from Samsung button when you're picking the phone.
0 Likes
dbsdavis2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Wow! Crazy how many haters there are out there. In fact, the phone should not have been locked and Samsung does NOT sell locked phones from their website. I have resolved the situation and we now have unlocked phones. Way to support corporate inanity.
0 Likes
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24

@dbsdavis2 :

Not sure if you are the OP or not, as the user names are slightly different.  You are the one displaying hate due to your statement that you will destroy the phones outside of a competitor's shop to replace them with the competitors product.  You brought the hate.

When selecting a device from the Samsung website, the ONLY place where Samsung sells cell phones online, you are presented with this choice:

usermzeJaY3BsM_0-1728055866146.png

Go back there now and see for yourself, you cannot select any of the carriers, AND unlocked.  Only one option will be highlighted.  All three major carriers are listed here, and selecting any of those boxes determines that Samsung WILL indeed ship you a carrier locked device on the carrier of your choice.  Why do you think that option is there in the first place?  If Samsung only sold unlocked devices, there would be no need for this selection as it would be on you to get service for the device.

Samsung MAY have told you that they were in error when they did whatever they did to get you the unlocked devices, but trust me, this was just to get you off of the phone, and leaving satisfied.  YOU made the mistake.  YOU!

If corporate inanity = giving people choices of what they want, then I am totally for corporate inanity!