JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Pre-order, Trade-in, promotions, discounts - Need help!

(Topic created: 01-18-2024 02:08 PM)
TalhaAyaz1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi. I ordered through Samsung shop app - Samsung s24 ultra 1TB, payment got deducted and order went through,

After an hour, got an email that order got cancelled for some reason and now I cant use my vouchers. 

No specific reasons mentioned. 

Did anyone find a fix?

554 Replies
Members_ODgH5lK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

i tried again this time and the website seems to be working now.  I was able to sign in, pre-order and get the $50 credit + $100 preorder credit.  Guess we should all wait until all the hype dies down.  The downside though is the delivery schedule is now on Feb 14th instead of Jan31st

0 Likes
TonyTypeS
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Dang I thought the $50 credit was part of the $100 credit when I placed my order yesterday. Thought I was getting a good deal till I received a text saying that the S24 is available for pre-order and has the $50 credit for signing up along with an extra $100. I guess buying early right away sucks. I bet Samsung did that on purpose kind wish I would have waiting because that extra $50 could have bought a case or other stuff.
np110
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I am attempting to take advantage of the pre-order special for the Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra directly from Samsung.com because their offer is better than T-Mobile. Samsung.com is offering the same trade-in credit as T-Mobile but additional credits towards a Samsung Galaxy 6 Classic watch and Coverage. 

So purchasing directly with Samsung.com is the far more lucrative route to go; however, despite the fact that I have a normal T-Mobile Go5g Plus plan, the Samsung website still keeps rejecting my attempts to complete purchase with the following error message:

"Your account type is not supported on Samsung.com. Please see the non supported account types listed on the page."

To reiterate, my account is not any one of the exempt types listed on that page and all of the rest of our phones utilize carrier finance without issue.

Can someone please assist in trying to resolve this issue? 

Thank you!

Phoenix1209
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

You should be getting a better trade-in value from T-mobile as you are on Go5G Plus plan. I am on Magenta Max and T-mobile is only offering $500 for a PIxel 7 Pro. Where as being on Go5G plan the same Pixel will fetch $1000 trade-in.

I ordered an unlocked S24 Ultra directly from Samsung and they offered $450 for Pixel 7 pro. Samsung is also giving $150 credits that I used on a case and galaxy buds. I also received extra discount under Workplace discounts programs. Got a better deal that T-mobile.

SuperOvni
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
1• With the discount the 1st statement is $399, later in the checkout $467 + taxes and the system do not apply the complete $150 of credits = total of $504
It's supposed to be $399 + taxes 

Is it a bug or on purpose? 

2• 2 of the 3 accessories I chose are not available, will lose them if I don't pick others or they would arrive later?

Thanks!!!
LegalEagle2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I've had the same problem of ordered the S24 Ultra with discount and trade in at $399.90 but being charged $467. Samsung now says the $399.90 was not the final discount price which was "adjusted" to $467 at the checkout page and they can't do anything about this. What a crummy response!
0 Likes
Members_IEzpmtf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm also not a fan of the bait and switch pricing. I see just under $600 for an S24 Ultra 1TB with my military discount and trade in, and then the price shoots up past $750 in the cart after pressing pre-order.

It's a bait and switch.

Phoenix1209
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I think you will have to validate the military discount for it to be applied in the cart. Samsung also offers similar discounts for students, employees under their Samsung Offers program. But it requires some sort of verification. I had a direct link to place an order on Samsung.com from my workplace which validated that I am part of a Samsung offers program.

0 Likes
Members_IEzpmtf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I've been validated as military with ID.me since 2021, and verified that and that Samsung is already signed in for the military discount.

Two different online reps confirmed that it's "up to 30% discount" and won't assist with their bait and switch tactics.

0 Likes
Members_qoepAR6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

So frustrated.  It seems my $150 credits are useless.  I called customer service and was told basically tough luck.  There was know eay to extend the credits i would just loose them.  I have been on the fence about iphone ever since usbc.  I think this enough to push me over.  I hate this because I have always enjoyed samsung phones/ watch / tablet.  I am curious how many customers they will push to apple with this strange policy about the 150 $ credits.