Original topic:

Please support AptX Adaptive and AptX lossless

(Topic created: 08-14-2024 12:14 PM)
userlnuRGzxXM7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
It's crazy to me that my $1200+ phone is the limiting factor when I'm trying to listen to hifi music. I have the Sennheiser TMW4 but can't use them in their high quality modes bc Samsung doesn't enable the AptX Adaptive and Lossless codecs. 

Now that they are free and open source there is no reason to gatekeep these features from users especially on your flagship models. Really hoping this could be fixed with a software update and would go a long way towards appealing to people who want to enjoy their music at the highest quality 
2 Replies
Gater2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I am, as are many, in agreement with this statement. It is a travesty that audiophiles can't access the codec needed to use lossless audio. In fact, I considered buying Galaxy buds but then found out Samsung basically forces me to use their proprietary codec. I have decided not to buy them as a result. I will purchase 3rd party buds and use them without APTX rather than be coerced, until I have the money to purchase a different phone. Please hear your customers and support APTX adaptive and lossless.
DarthTrucker
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I agree with the previous 2 comments. If I was ok with a company trying to force me to me to only buy their electronics, I'd buy an iPhone. At least they have excellent customer support. I've been a Samsung phone and tablet user for 10 years, but if you choose to continue to weaponize Bluetooth codecs in next year's phones, then I'll be switching to a Pixel phone.