Original topic:

Phone creating it's own group chat

(Topic created: a week ago)
usernT8MvJPzhO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I got the Samsung 24 I upgraded from a s10 and the first thing I noticed was the text msg. I switch from the Google messages to regular like in the past. Recently my s24 have been creating its own group chat. For example, I have a group with 3 ppl. Person A,person B and myself. On the icon it only shows person Aand B. But when my phone creates new group chat it makes the icon person A and B and myself so now it says 3 instead of 2. Help I hate it making new chats on its own
2 Replies
Tilly1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I am having the same problem and can't figure out how to fix it.
RachFromOH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I've also got this issue. I have a family text thread, which has now suddenly become 2 threads. The original one shows the other 5 people, but the new one shows 6 with me included. We all have Samsung phones running Android, but as far as I know, I may be the only one who uses Samsung Messages while the other 5 people use Google Messages.

When I send something in the original thread, it goes through just fine, but when anyone else sends a message, it shows up on the new thread.

This is frustrating. Is this a result of Samsung phasing out the Samsung Messages app in favor of the Google Messages app?
0 Likes