Original topic:

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
nikdogpound
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Which app do you prefer? Google messages or Samsung or is there a better one out there? I use Google messages now. For work, I have an iPhone which I don't care for. The only thing I like on the iPhone is their messages. You can reply to a message 3 messages up and it will reflect that you are responding to that message. I find this very helpful especially since texting has become so popular.
Options
Galaxy S24
Same here
0 Likes
BigD44
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
But Samsung messages is going away.
0 Likes
yamialex
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
It's going away but it's not going to be gone you'll still more than likely be able to download it and use it they just want you to use Google messages because the RCs implement
sueshoe47
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm having problems getting my messages from Samsung messages. It's going away?I
0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
I have used Google Messages with RCS since it rolled out in 2019 with the Beta version. I am still in the Beta of Google Messages.

I don't understand the people who need their texting app to be pretty and themed, rather than functioning with the latest features. Are they all still teenagers!

Next week, when iOS 18 rolls out with RCS compatibility, it will ONLY work from iPhone to Google Messages. You will not have ANY of the RCS features even if your carrier supports limited RCS in Samsung Messages. You will not get full res photos and videos, typing indicators, send and read receipts, reactions. You will have what you have now with an iPhone, a terrible experience because it is only SMS/MMS.

IF having a pretty app is more important than a feature rich experience, then by all means, stick with the " PRETTY" boring experience, rather than the less attractive "FUN" experience between your iPhone peeps.
nikdogpound
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Do you think Google will get the reply option I was talking about? It is a nice feature on the iPhone.
0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
I prefer Samsung messages
shawn143
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I prefer Samsung but to be fair it's been a couple years since I last used Google
Options
Galaxy S24
Google messages is really good now.
DeltaBravo94
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Google and RCS